Current Affairs Updates - 26th April 2018
Current Affairs Updates for 26th April 2018 have a list of Updated Current Affairs which are important for the upcoming government examinations of Bank , Rail and SSC like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and Railway. These are very important and aspirants should go through them in details for a better understanding of the concepts. Each point have been provided with details given in bullet points. We also bring up Daily Current Affairs Quiz based on these Updates which candidates can go through to improve their preparation in the examinations.
World Malaria Day (WMD) is an international observance commemorated every year on 25 April
- It is recognized by global efforts to control malaria. Globally, 3.3 billion people in 106 countries are at risk of malaria. In 2012, malaria caused an estimated 627,000 deaths, mostly among African children.
Government Likely to Relax Restrictions for Foreigners to Visit Forbidden Areas
- Foreign tourists, except those from Pakistan and China, may soon be allowed to visit some of the most pristine locations of the country, kept out of bound so far for them without a special permit.
Foreigners can now travel to Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur without a permit
- Foreign tourists, except those from Pakistan, China and Afghanistan, would now be allowed to visit some of the most pristine locations of the country which, so far, were out of bounds for them without a special permit
Bangladesh and Nepal have launched a trial bus service between their capitals through India as two buses carrying delegates of the three nations left Dhaka for Kathmandu.
- The trial run aimed to establish communication with Nepal by road.
Defence & Railway News
In 1940's vintage Dakota DC-3 aircraft soon to be inducted into Indian Air Force
- A Dakota DC-3 aircraft of 1940's vintage would be inducted shortly into the Vintage Aircraft Flight of the Indian Air Force.
Coastal security exercise 'Sagar Kavach' begins in Kerala
- A two-day coastal security exercise 'Sagar Kavach' began on Tuesday to strengthen and assess the loopholes in the coastal security mechanism along Kerala shores.
Application / Portal
Mobile App (m-Awas) for allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) through Automated System of Allotment (ASA) launched
- Sh. Hardeep Puri, Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs (I/C) launched a Mobile App (m-Awas) for allotment of Government accommodations in General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) in Delhi under the control of the Directorate of Estates
NSE launches e-Gsec platform for investment in govt securities
- The National Stock Exchange (NSE) on Tuesday announced the launch of its e-Gsec platform which will allow retail investors to invest in government securities and hold them in existing demat accounts.
Schemes / Programme
Bringing cheers to millions of Malayalees living away from their home State, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan formally launched the Pravasi Pension Scheme of the Kerala Pravasi Welfare Board by giving away the first Pravasi Pension Card to a woman member.
- Vijayan also handed over the key of the AIMA’s ambulance to one of the sponsors, Joby Mani. The Kerala Chief Minister handed over the Certificate of Recognition of the NORKA-ROOTS to the President of AIMA-Telangana, TSC Prasad.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
India signs loan agreement with World Bank for US 125 million dollar for "Innovate in India for Inclusiveness Project"
- A Loan Agreement for IBRD credit of US$ 125 (equivalent) for the Innovate in India for Inclusiveness Project was signed with the World Bank on 24th April, 2018 in New Delhi. The Loan Agreement was signed by Mr.
Dalmia Bharat Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ministry of Tourism for adoption of Red Fort monument under the “Adopt a Heritage” project.
- With an estimate over Rs. five crores per year, Dalmia Bharat Limited joins 'Monument Mitras' from other various private sector companies to look after the operations and the maintenance of this heritage site for the next five years.
India is tying up with the United States and Finland to develop a pollution-forecast system that will help anticipate particulate matter (PM) levels at least two days in advance and at a greater resolution than what is possible now.
- The Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) will be coordinating this exercise and the plan is to have a system in place by winter, according to Madhavan Rajeevan, secretary, MoES.
Issues including bilateral trade, terrorism and joint refinery projects were discussed at the recently concluded Indo-Mongolia 6th Joint Committee for Cooperation on Wednesday as the two countries pledged to thwart those who extend support to the terror outfits.
- As per the press release issued by the Ministry of External Affairs, a wide range of issues regarding the bilateral engagements were discussed between Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj and her counterpart Damdin Tsogtbaatar.
Summit /Conference / Events
Suresh Prabhu, the commerce and industry minister, will be holding the first ecommerce think tank meeting
- The minister will be taking up many key issues for discussion during the meeting. Some of the issues that will be discussed are: physical and digital infrastructure, regulatory regime, taxation policy, data flows, server localisation, intellectual property rights protection, FDI, technology flows, responding to disruptions in industrial organisation, need for skill development and trade-related aspects.
Sushma Swaraj in Ulaanbaatar: India, Mongolia to enhance bilateral trade, investments
- India and Mongolia discussed economic cooperation in areas such as infrastructure development, energy, services and IT and agreed to explore possibility of launching direct air connectivity between New Delhi and the Mongolian capital Ulaanbaata
The two-day Secure India Conclave got underway in New Delhi
- The conclave is being organised by Global Counter Terrorism keeping in view Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of New India: Secure India 2018.
Awards & Honours: Sports
World record holder Shahzar Rizvi today claimed India's first medal at the ongoing ISSF World Cup
- Rizvi won the silver in the 10m air pistol event on day three of the year's second World Cup
Other Sports & Award Related News
In a historic first for Indian weightlifting, the country will host the prestigious Asian Championship next year, which will also double up as a qualifying event for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo
- The Championship was awarded to India at the Executive Board Meeting and Congress of the Asian Weightlifting Federation held on April 22 at Urgench, Uzbekistan.