One Liner GK and Note Down Points
One Liner GK and Note Down Points for 12th April 2018 has all the important headlines based on the Latest news headlines. These are very important for the upcoming government examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. Based on today's News Updates some of the news points have been pointed out here. Along with that we have also included some Note Down and GK Points so that it becomes easy to revise before the examination.
New Appointments: National
- Rishad Premji, Board member of Wipro Ltd. has been appointed as the Chairman of the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) for 2018-19.
- Balram Bhargava has been appointed as the new Director-General of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The Asian Development Bank has said, India's economic growth is set to rise to 7.3 per cent this fiscal and further to 7.6 percent in the next financial year, on back of GST and banking reforms.
- Bangladesh Ends Reservation in Govt Jobs as PM Sheikh Hasina Gives in to Protesting Students
- India has inked a pact with Morocco under which focus would be laid on evaluation of potential mineral resources and promoting exploration and mining through participation of both public and private sector.
- India and Timor Leste have signed a memorandum of understanding in the field of public health to extend affordable healthcare to the people of the Southeast Asian nation.
Science & Technology
- Isro successfully launches IRNSS-1I navigation satellite. The rocket was launched from First Launch Pad (FLP) of SDSC SHAR, Sriharikota.
Schemes / Programme
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank has launched a special financing scheme named 'Add-on Working Capital GST' to help the state industry cope with the delay in reimbursement of GST under special tax relief.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) on launched 'Project Dhoop', an initiative aimed at shifting the school assembly time to noon to ensure maximum absorption of Vitamin D in students through natural sunlight.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- India and World Expo 2020 signed participants contract on for India’s pavilion in the prestigious World Expo 2020 held once in 5 years.
- The Union Cabinet approved the signing of Host country (Headquarters) Agreement between India and International Solar Alliance (ISA).
- Saudi Aramco, the state-owned oil company of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, has signed a pact with a consortium of Indian oil companies to jointly develop and build a mega integrated refinery and petrochemicals complex Ratnagiri Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd (RRPCL), in Maharashtra.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The tenth edition of a biennial exhibition of weapons and military hardware - DefExpo India- 2018 will begin at Tiruvidanthal, Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu
- Indian President arrives in Zambia for a 3 day State Visit
- India, the world’s third-largest energy consumer after the US and China, will host the 16th International Energy Forum Ministerial (IEF—16), that will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Shreyasi Singh won the 12th gold medal for India in Women’s Double Trap after beating Australia's Emma Cox in a shoot-off, on Day 7 of the Commonwealth Games.
- Sushil Kumar wins third Commonwealth Games gold in wrestling
- Kidambi Srikanth set to become World No. 1 player.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- WIPRO CEO: Abidali Neemuchwala
- WIPRO Owner: Azim Premji
- NASSCOM Chairperson: Raman Roy
- NASSCOM Vice Chairman: Rishad Premji
- NASSCOM Headquarters: New Delhi, Chanakyapuri
- ICMR Headquarters: New Delhi
- ICMR Leader: Soumya Swaminathan
- ADB: Asian Development Bank
- ADB Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- ADB President: Takehiko Nakao
- Bangladesh Capital: Dhaka
- Bangladesh Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Bangladesh Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
- King of Morocco : Mohammed VI of Morocco
- Capital of Morocco: Rabat
- Currency of Morocco: Moroccan dirham
- ISA: International Solar Alliance
- ISA Head: H.E. Upendra Tripathy
- ISA Headquarters: Gwal Pahari, Gurugram
- Saudi Arabia Capital: Riyadh
- Saudi Arabia Currency: Saudi riyal
- Saudi Arabia King: Salman of Saudi Arabia
- Tamil Nadu Capital: Chennai
- Tamil Nadu Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswam
- Zambia's Capital: Lusaka
- Zambia's Currency: Zambian kwacha
- China's Currency: Renminbi
- China's Capital: Beijing
- U.S. Capital: Washington, D.C.
- U.S. President: Donald Trump
- Australia's Prime minister: Malcolm Turnbull
- Australia's Capital: Canberra
- Australia's Currency: Australian dollar