One Liner GK Current Affairs: 7th March 2018
Achieversrule team has brought to you the Latest set of Current Affairs as one liners in our One Liner GK Current Affairs: 7th March 2018. These are very easy to remember and go through as all the details are mentioned in single sentences. Aspirants should take a note of the Static GK Note Down points provided at the end of the article as these are important for the upcoming examinations of Bank like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and Railway exams. Also it will help boost your knowledge. You may also like Daily Current Affairs Updates and practice the Daily Current Affairs Quiz regularly for better result.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITES
First in India & World
- The Marshall Islands will launch the world’s first legal tender cryptocurrency after a law passed by parliament earlier this week went unopposed by an official council.
New Appointments: International
- Senior NDPP leader Neiphiu Rio was appointed as the new chief minister of Nagaland by Governor P B Acharya
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs3 crore on Axis Bank for violation of non-performing asset (NPA) classification norms, and Rs2 crore on Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) for not complying with the know your customer (KYC) regulations.
Rankings & Indexes
- According to Forbes' 2018 'World's Billionaires' list, Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani's wealth surged a whopping 72.84 percent to Rs 2,60,622 crore -- highest among the 119 Indian billionaires on the list. Ambani was ranked 19th globally, up from 33rd position in 2017.
- Iraq has overtaken Saudi Arabia by a wide margin to become India's top crude oil supplier, meeting more than a fifth of the country's oil needs in the current financial year.
- Myanmar has indefinitely deferred signing an agreement with India to streamline the free movement of people within 16 km along the border.
- The headquarters of Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) has been shifted to Ballabhgarh in Faridabad District of Haryana from Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The Assam government announced that it had extended the implementation of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act in the state for six more months.
- The 2011 census brought Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan the ignominy of being the district with the lowest sex ratio of 837 girls per 1,000 boys among 33 districts of the state. Seven years on, the district is being hailed as a model with the sex ratio at birth (SRB) touching an impressive 955 girls per 1,000 boys.
- India is all set to become the 69th member of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) after shareholders of the international financial institution gave their nod to the country’s candidature.
Science & Technology
- Cybersecurity agencies have detected a new malware called Saposhi that can take over electronic devices and use them for Distributed Denial of Service attakcs.
Defence & Railway News
- The Western Railway (WR) helped passengers commuting by the air-conditioned (AC) local train beat their Monday morning blues by painting the first and the last coaches a cheerful lime green.
Application / Portal
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has launched Sukhad Yatra mobile application and 1033 Toll-free Emergency number for highway users.
Schemes / Programme
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has sanctioned Rs. 1000 crore for phase II of Impacting Research Innovation and Technology (IMPRINT) to boost research and innovation in the country.
- Participants of Indian Origin from 9 countries attended 46th edition of Know India Programme (KIP)
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has installed 49 lakh LED street lights in 28 states/UTs under the Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP).
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Guillermo del Toro wins Best Director and Best Picture Oscar for The Shape of Water
- Oscars 2018: James Ivory’s win for Call Me by Your Name makes him the oldest Oscar winner ever
- Frances McDormand wins best actress award for Three Billboards at Oscars 2018
- Veteran actor Shammi, who acted in over 100 films and TV shows, passed away in Mumbai .
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Marshall Islands Capital: Majuro
- Marshall Islands Currency: United States Dollar
- Marshall Islands Continent: Oceania
- Governor Nagaland: P B Acharya
- RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- RBI Currency: Indian Rupee
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- Amazon CEO: Jeff Bezos
- Iraq's Capital: Baghdad
- Iraq's Currency: Iraqi dinar
- Iraq's President: Fuad Masum
- Iraq's Prime minister: Haider al-Abadi
- Saudi Arabia's Capital: Riyadh
- Saudi Arabia's Currency: Saudi riyal
- Saudi Arabia's King: Salman of Saudi Arabia
- Myanmar's Capital: Naypyidaw
- Myanmar's Currency: Burmese kyat
- Myanmar's President: Htin Kyaw
- EBRD: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- EBRD Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- EBRD President: Suma Chakrabarti
- EBRD Founded: 1991
- EBRD Location: London