One Liner GK Current Affairs: 5th March 2018
Today, we have brought for our readers the One Liner GK Current Affairs for 5th and 6th March 2018. We hope our readers will go through all the information mentioned here in details along with other topics like Static GK and Note down Points. These are very important for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. You may also practice the quiz daily for better results.
First in India & World
- Marshall Islands in Pacific Ocean is the first country in the world to recognize cryptocurrency as its legal tender and adopt transparent crypto monetary system.
- Conrad Sangma is to be the Next Chief Minister of Meghalaya
- Krishna Kumari Kolhi (39) from Sindh province in Pakistan became first-ever Dalit Hindu woman to get elected as Senator, member of upper house (Senate) of Muslim-majority country.
- A Steering Committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance To consider various issues relating to development of Fintech space in India with a view to make Fintech related regulations more flexible and generate enhanced entrepreneurship
- RBI lifts per-borrower loan cap for Micro/ Small and Medium Enterprises
- According to recent figures compiled by US Treasury Department, India is 12th largest overseas holder of US government securities.
- Arunachal Express' inaugurated making travelling convenient and viable for commuters.
- Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) charges will be abolished for passengers booking railway tickets by Debit cards.
- Haryana State Council of Educational Research and Training has developed a new mobile application ‘Meri e-Pustak’ to make students proned to digitalization.
- Karnataka unveils healthcare scheme "Arogya Karnataka" to provide quality primary, secondary and tertiary treatment to both BPL and APL families in the state
- Odisha Government has launched ‘Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas’ (Our Village, our development) programme to reach out to people in rural areas and involve themselves in developmental activities.
- Punjab inks MoU with Nandan Nilekani’s E-Gov in presence of Navjot Singh Sidhu.
- Goa all set to celebrate Shigmo 2018 from March 3 to March 17.
- The Indian combine of Pankaj Advani and Manan Chandra staged a remarkable recovery to beat Pakistan in the final of the inaugural IBSF Snooker Team World Cup
- Manu Bhaker clinched a gold medal in the women's 10m Air Pistol event while Ravi Kumar bagged a bronze at the ISSF World Cup in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha has been honoured with a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the fields of arts and politics at a ceremony in the UK's Parliament complex in London.
- Veteran Literateur Prafulla Das passed away at 91.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Meghalaya's Chief minister: Mukul Sangma
- Meghalaya Capital: Shillong
- Pakistan's Prime minister: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
- Pakistan's Capital: Islamabad
- Pakistan's Currency: Pakistani rupee
- Pakistan's President: Mamnoon Hussain
- U.S. Capital: Washington, D.C.
- U.S. President: Donald Trump
- RBI Interest on reserves: 4.00%
- RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- RBI Currency: Indian Rupee
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- IBSF: International Billiards and Snooker Federation
- IBSF Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- IBSF President: Mubarak Al-Khayarin
- UK's Prime minister: Theresa May
- UK's Capital: London
- UK;s Currency: Pound