One Liner GK Current Affairs: 3rd March 2018
We, the AchieversRule team have once again brought to our readers the most important headlines and Static GK Notedown points for the exams of Bank, Railway and SSC CGL and CHSL in our today's One Liner GK Current Affairs for 3rd March 2018. We hope our readers will go through these carefully before attempting the Daily Current Affairs Quiz. We request all our readers to go through all the headlines and points in details. You can even note down the Note Down points or bookmark the page for later reference.
New Appointments: National
- Senior diplomat Vinay Kumar has been appointed as India’s ambassador to strategically key Afghanistan, succeeding incumbent Manpreet Vohra.
New Appointments: International
- Armen Sarkisian has been elected as the next Armenian President
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Finance Ministry to consolidate overseas operations of public sector banks
- The State Bank of India (SBI) on raised the key one-year marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) by 20 basis points to 8.15 per cent from 7.95 per cent.
- Vietnam President Tran Dai Quang Arrives In Delhi On 3-Day Visit
- Tamil Nadu launches 24 hour helpline for students first time in the country. This helpline would provide information on education and offer guidance to the students.
- The Union cabinet approved a proposal to establish a National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) as an independent regulator for the auditing profession, in an attempt to tighten the regulatory oversight over chartered accountants and plug loopholes.
- The Centre approved projects worth over Rs 2,900 crore under the Nirbhaya fund for eight major cities of the country in a bid to make them safer for women.
- The State government is contemplating establishing an Academy of Adventure Sports at Gandikota village on the banks of river Pennar in Kadapa district.
- Phirangipuram on the Guntur-Narsaraopet line to be State’s first all-women rail station
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for establishment of National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) and creation of one post of Chairperson, three posts of full-time Members and one post of Secretary for NFRA.
Science & Technology
- Hetero Healthcare Ltd said it had launched generic antiretroviral fixed-dose combination (FDC) of ‘Emtricitabine (200mg) and Tenofovir Alafenamide (25mg) in India.
Defence & Railway News
- India successfully test-fired Anti Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM) Nag developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in desert conditions.
Application / Portal
- The Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) has come up with website, www.marinefishsales.com, and mobile app, marine fish sales, to help fish farmers and fishermen sell their catch directly to customers online
- The police have come up with a new app “Cops Eye" based on face recognition feature, that would help detect people with criminal backgrounds by clicking photographs with their mobile phones.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- India and Jordan signed a framework defence agreement which envisages a whole range of possibilities from defence acquisitions by Jordan to defence exercises and closer security cooperation.
- In a landmark development India for the first time signed a tripartite agreement with foreign partners -- Russia & Bangladesh -- for civil nuclear cooperation.
- Lakshadweep, the Union Territory joined hands with the UDAY scheme, which is meant for the revival of debt-stressed power distribution companies (discoms) in the country.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Vinesh Phogat clinches silver medal at Asian Wrestling Championships in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan after a tough 2-3 loss in the final of the 50 kg category (freestyle) against China’s Chun Lei.
- Ace wrestler Navjot Kaur scripted history by becoming the first Indian woman wrestler to win a gold in the Senior Asian Championships as she clinched the yellow metal in the 65kg freestyle category in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan while Sakshi Malik won bronze
Other Sports & Award Related News
- Russia's Olympic membership restored by International Olympic Committee following its suspension from Pyeongchang 2018.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Afghanistan President: Ashraf Ghani
- Afghanistan Capital: Kabul
- Afghanistan Currency: Afghan afghani
- Armenia President: Serzh Sargsyan Trending
- Armenia Capital: Yerevan
- Armenia Currency: Armenian dram
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- SBI Tagline: Pure banking, nothing else
- Vietnam Capital: Hanoi
- Vietnam Currency: Vietnamese dong
- King of Jordan: Abdullah II of Jordan Trending
- Jordan's Capital: Amman
- Jordan;s Currency: Jordanian dinar
- UDAY: Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana
- China Capital: Beijing
- China Currency: Renminbi
- China President: Xi Jinping
- Kyrgyzstan's Capital: Bishkek
- Kyrgyzstan's Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
- Kyrgyzstan's President: Vladimir Putin
- Russia's Capital: Moscow
- Russia's Currencies: Russian ruble, Ruble sign