One Liner GK Current Affairs: 26th March 2018
We have come up with the first set of Latest headlines of this week as single sentences in our today's One Liner GK Current Affairs: 26th March 2018. These consists of news headlines under different sections of National, International, Schemes, Events and Obituary. Some top headlines like application portal of N-TB, inauguration of Madhavpur Mela, PV Sindhu being Flag Bearer in Olympic. You may also like Current Affairs Updates and Daily Current Affairs Quiz which can be followed regularly for better performance in the examination like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other Government exams.
- International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade is a United Nations international observance designated in 2007 to be marked on 25 March every year.
First in India & World
- The world’s biggest cruise-liner, Symphony of the Seas, has left the shipyard of Saint-Nazaire in France to embark on its maiden voyage in the Mediterranean.
- Scientists will publish the first-ever analysis of the global state of land and its ability to sustain a fast-growing human population that relies on it for 95 percent of all food.
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) launched futures trading in brass for the first time globally, which will facilitate brass stakeholders to hedge their price risk.
New Appointments: National
- The Government of India has decided to nominate Professor J S Rajput, former Director NCERT, as India’s representative to the Executive Board (EXB) of UNESCO.
New Appointments: International
- Martín Vizcarra sworn in as Peru's new president as embattled Kuczynski exits.
- President Kovind laid the foundation stone of five projects of National Highways Authority of India and distributes job appointment letters to candidates in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- On World TB Day, Health Ministry launches initiatives like the TB INDIA 2018 Report and National Drug Resistance Survey Report and the 'NikshayAushadi Portal'.
- Google celebrates 45th anniversary of Chipko movement with a doodle.
- The Centre will soon install ‘Justice Clocks’ — LED message display boards — in all 24 high courts to show the daily rate of disposal of cases, the number of pending cases and the individual rank of each of these courts.
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to rollout face authentication feature for Aadhaar verification from July 1.
Science & Technology
- India's space agency ISRO will launch the GSAT-6A communications satellite from Sriharikota on March 29
Application / Portal
- N-TB, an app for TB patients, was launched on March 24, World Tuberculosis Day. The app was developed by Dr. Anurag Bhargava, a professor of Yenepoya University, Mangaluru
Schemes / Programme
- The Ministry of Human Resources Development has approved 'Study in India' programme to encourage more foreign students to choose India as a destination for higher education but will also double India's market share of global education exports from less than 1 percent to 2 percent.
- DeendayalAntyodayaYojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) is one of the flagship programmes of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India to alleviate rural poverty.
- As part of our enhanced public diplomacy outreach and our commitment to take the objectives of our foreign policy to the people at the grassroot-level, the External Publicity and Public Diplomacy Division of the Ministry of External Affairs launched an initiative titled 'Videsh Aaya Pradesh ke Dwaar' in Hyderabad.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The first International Exhibition of Graphic Prints ‘Print Biennale India 2018’ inaugurated in New Delhi
- The famous Madhavpur Mela begins at Madhavpur Ghed of Porbandar district in Gujarat which will see its first-ever cultural integration with the North-East with which it is said to share its roots.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Pankaj Advani defended his Asian Billiards Championships title in style by demolishing his practice partner B Bhaskar 6-1 in the summit clash.
- The India U-16 team emerged champions in the Jockey Cup International Youth Invitational Football Tournament with a 4-2 victory over Hong Kong U-17 in the final in Hong Kong
- Lewis Hamilton takes record 7th pole at Australian Grand Prix
- The India U-16 team emerged champions in the Jockey Cup International Youth Invitational Football Tournament with a 4-2 victory over Hong Kong U-17 in the final in Hong Kong on Sunday.
- Hockey Punjab were crowned champions of the 8th Hockey India Senior Men National Championship after they came from a goal down to defeat Petroleum Sports Promotion Board 2-1 in a well-fought encounter on Sunday.
Other Sports & Award Related News
- Indian Olympic Association (IOA) chooses PV Sindhu as the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the opening ceremony of the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- France's Capital: Paris
- France's President: Emmanuel Macron
- Largest island in Mediterranean: Sicily
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) CEO: Mrugank M. Paranjape
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) Headquarters: Mumbai
- NCERT: National Council of Educational Research and Training
- NCERT Headquarters: New Delhi
- NCERT Founder: Government of India
- UNESCO: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- UNESCO Headquarters: Paris, France
- UNESCO Heads: Irina Bokova, Audrey Azoulay
- Peru Capital: Lima
- Peru Currency: Sol
- Peru Co-official languages: Quechua; Aymara
- NHAI: National Highways Authority of India
- NHAI Headquarters: New Delhi
- NHAI Agency executive: Deepak Kumar (Chairman)
- GOOGLE: Global Organization Of Oriented Group Language Of Earth
- GOOGLE CEO: Sundar Pichai
- GOOGLE Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States
- GOOGLE Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- GOOGLE Parent organization: Alphabet Inc.
- UIDAI: Unique Identification Authority of India
- ISRO: Indian Space Research Organisation
- ISRO Headquarters: Bengaluru
- ISRO Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President: Narinder Dhruv Batra
- Indian Olympic Association (IOA) Secretary General: Rajeev Mehta
- Indian Olympic Association (IOA) Founder: Vijay Kumar Malhotra
- Indian Olympic Association (IOA) Headquarters: New Delhi, India