One Liner GK Current Affairs: 23rd March 2018
In our today's One Liner GK Current Affairs: 23rd March 2018 we have included all the Latest Current Affairs Updates. All the important Current Affairs have been mentioned here in single sentences. Readers should go through each of these points in details. We have also mentioned a list of Static GK Points at the end of the article in bullet points. These are very important for the upcoming examinations of Bank like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, RAIL, SSC CGL and SSC CHSL. You may also go through the Current Affairs Updates and Daily Current Affairs Quiz on a regular basis.
First in India & World
- Chandigarh Becomes North India’s 1st City to Install Digital Automatic Speed Gun Cameras
New Appointments: National
- Vodafone Group and Aditya Birla Group have appointed Balesh Sharma as chief executive officer (CEO)
- President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi have paid tributes to Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia on his birth anniversary.
- The union government decided to declare 2018 as 'National Year of Millets to boost the cultivation of millets like ragi and jowar on a mission mode to achieve nutritional security.
- The Kerala government declared jackfruit as its official fruit.
- US announces 60 billion dollar tariffs on China for its alleged unfair trade practices.
- The Singapore Changi Airport has been named the world's best airport for the sixth consecutive year by consultancy firm Skytrax.
- The Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) under the Department of Biotechnology celebrated its sixth foundation day with the launching of a partnership with PerkinElmer, US-based multinational corporation that focused on the business areas of human and environmental health.
- World’s longest sandstone cave discovered in Meghalaya.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- ISRO has entered into a Technology Transfer Agreement (TTA) with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), which is one of the country’s leading PSUs, to transfer the technology for the manufacture of space grade Li-Ion cells.
- State-run power equipment maker BHEL said it has entered into a technology collaboration agreement (TCA) with HLB Power, Republic of Korea.
Merger & Acquisitions
- State-run Allahabad Bank said the Ministry of Corporate Affairs has allowed the amalgamation of its wholly own subsidiary - All Bank Finance Ltd (ABFL)-with the lender.
Summit /Conference / Events
- Shri Hansraj Gangaram Ahir inaugurates first National Conference on Drug Law Enforcement
- Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, launched the first 'Indian Sign Language Dictionary'.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Indian shooter Elavenil Valarivan shattered the world record and claimed the gold medal in 10m women's air rifle event of the season's first junior ISSF World Cup
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Canadian mathematician Robert Langlands wins Abel Prize for 2018
- Les Payne, Pulitzer Prize-Winner And NABJ Founder, Dies At 76
- Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) has received the ‘Most Informative Pavilion’ Award in Pride of India Expo organized as part of the 105th Indian Science Congress held from 16 to 20 March 2018 at Manipur University, Imphal.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Vodafone CEO: Vittorio Colao
- Vodafone Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Kerala Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- U.S. Capital: Washington, D.C.
- U.S. President: Donald Trump
- Singapore's Currency: Singapore dollar
- Singapore President: Halimah Yacob
- Meghalaya Capital: Shillong
- Meghalaya Chief minister: Conrad Sangma
- ISRO Headquarters: Bengaluru
- ISRO Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- ISRO Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- BHEL Headquarters: New Delhi
- BHEL CEO: Atul Sobti
- Allahabad Bank Headquarters: Kolkata
- Allahabad CEO: Usha Ananthasubramanian
- Allahabad Bank Tagline: A Tradition of Trust
- DRDO Headquarters: New Delhi
- Manipur Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
- Manipur Official Language: Meitei (Manipuri)