One Liner GK Current Affairs: 22nd March 2018
Once again we are here with the Latest News headlines in our today's One Liner GK Current Affairs: 22nd March 2018. All those headlines which are important and can be asked in the upcoming government examinations like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other government examinations have been placed here in single sentences. You can also find a list of Static GK points at the end of this article as bullet points. These are very important for all kinds of examinations and its preparation. Readers should go through the Daily Current Affairs Quiz and Current Affairs Updates on a regular basis.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITESImportant Days
- The World Water Day is observed on 22 March every year, to raise awareness about the importance of water. Theme: Nature for Water
New Appointments: National
- Shri Atul M. Gotsurve appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
New Appointments: International
- Nanda Bahadur Pun has been re-elected as the Vice-President of Nepal for the second term unopposed.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- India’s largest lender SBI and India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) today signed a pact to offer mortgage guarantee scheme for prospective non-salaried and self-employed home loan customers.
- According to Mercer's annual Quality of Living survey, Austria's capital city Vienna rated the world's most liveable city for the ninth consecutive year by Mercer in its annual Quality of Living survey.
- German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier will arrive in New Delhi on a five-day visit to India.
- The Union Cabinet has approved opening of 18 new Indian Missions in Africa over four year period from 2018-2021
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for closure of India Development Foundation of Overseas Indians (IDF-OI)
- Kerala has declared Jackfruit as the official fruit of Kerala.
- US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order banning the use of Venezuela's new crypto-currency, Petro.
- Myanmar president Htin Kyaw resigns
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) introduced billing through Point of Sale (POS) hand held machines in trains to check overcharging by vendors.
- The Union Cabinet has approved North East Industrial Development Scheme (NEIDS), 2017 to promote employment in North Eastern Region states including Sikkim.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the launch of 'Ayushman Bharat' -National Health Protection mission that will provide a cover of 5 lakh rupees per family per year.
- The NHAI (National Highways Authority of India) pavilion at 105th Indian Science Congress has been adjudged as Best Design Pavilion.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- South Korea's President: Moon Jae-in
- South Korea's Capital: Seoul
- South Korea's Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon
- Nepal's Capital: Kathmandu
- Nepal's Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli
- Nepal's Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Nepal's President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- SBI Tagline: Pure Banking Nothing Else
- IMGC: India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation
- Austria Capital: Vienna
- Austria Currency: Euro
- Austria President: Alexander Van der Bellen
- Germany Capital: Berlin
- Germany Currency: Euro
- Germany President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
- African President: Cyril Ramaphosa
- Kerala's Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Kerala's Official language: Malayalam
- U.S. Capital: Washington, D.C.
- U.S. President: Donald Trump
- Venezuela's President: Nicolás Maduro
- Venezuela's Capital: Caracas
- Venezuela's Currency: Venezuela bolívar
- Myanmar's Capital: Naypyidaw
- Myanmar's Currency: Burmese kyat
- Myanmar's Official language: Burmese
- NHAI: National Highways Authority of India
- NHAI Headquarters: New Delhi