One Liner GK Current Affairs: 1st March 2018
The AchieversRule team has brought to you the One Liner GK Current Affairs: 1st March 2018. Here we have updated all the Latest News Headlines of today as One Liners. We hope aspirants will go through them. At then end of the article we have given some of the Important Static GK and Note Down points which are related to the headlines and are of utmost important to boost your knowledge and also for the GK section of the Upcoming Examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. You may also like the Daily Current Affairs Quiz which we will be uploading shortly for today.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITES
- IndusInd Bank announced its partnership with Ripple, the enterprise blockchain solution for global payments, to facilitate payments into and out of India.
- Moody's Investors Service today estimated that India will grow 7.6 per cent in calendar year 2018 and 7.5 per cent in 2019, amid signs of economic recovery from impact of demonetisation and GST.
- Cabinet approves Rs 5,000-crore action plan for 'champion sectors'.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) today approved a proposal to double the guarantee to Rs 190 billion to cooperative Nafed to help it obtain credit from banks for procurement of pulses and oilseeds at the support price.
- Cabinet Approves Anti-Human Trafficking Bill and a Hike in MPs’ Salar.
- The first Mega Food Park in the state of Maharashtra at Village Degaon, District Satara will be inaugurated tomorrow the 1st March, 2018 by Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- According to index of eight core industries released by Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Core sector growth has grown at faster pace of 6.7% in January 2018 against 3.4% in January 2017.
- Pakistan has confirmed that it will be added on ‘grey list’ of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) in June 2018.
Defence & Railway News
- Indigenously developed Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM) Nag was successfully test-fired in desert conditions against two tank targets at different range
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has approved various procurement proposals for LMGs and CQB carbines, High-capacity radio relay (HCRR), Pollution control vessels (PCV) estimated at about Rs. 9,435 crore.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Jordan on cooperation in the field of Health & Medical Science.
- Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd and Celebrus Capital Ltd have announced a new partnership to offer CSB’s customers online trading and demat services.
Summit /Conference / Events
- Union Textile Minister Smriti Irani today attended the 27th Technological Conference of Indian Jute Industries' Research Association on Shaping the Future of Jute in Kolkata.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- IndusInd Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- IndusInd Bank CEO: Romesh Sobti
- IndusInd Bank Tagline: We care Dil Se; We make you feel richer
- Moody's Headquarters: New York City, New York, United States
- CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr.
- CCEA: Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
- Pakistan's Capital: Islamabad
- Pakistan's Prime minister: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
- Pakistan's Currency: Pakistani rupee
- Pakistan's President: Mamnoon Hussain
- Defence Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman
- King of Jordan: Abdullah II of Jordan
- Jordan's Capital: Amman
- Jordan's Currency: Jordanian dinar
- Syria's President: Bashar al-Assad
- Syria's Capital: Damascus
- Syria's Currency: Syrian pound