One Liner GK Current Affairs: 11th March 2018
Achieversrule has brought to you the One Liner GK Current Affairs: 11th March 2018. These are very important for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. Here we have included all the Latest and Current Affairs in single sentences. Readers should go through these carefully and then practice Daily Current Affairs Quiz for better performance in the examination.
First in India & World
- Diu has become the first and only Union Territory in the country to be fully run on solar energy.
New Appointments: National
- 25-year-old Prakriti has been inducted as the first direct-entry combat officer in the Indo-Tibetan Border Police.
New Appointments: International
- Sanjeev Gupta appointed by Britain's Prince Charles as an official ambassador for the Industrial Cadets programme
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Friday slapped a penalty of Rs 5 crore on Airtel Payments Bank Limited for violating Know Your Customer (KYC) norms
Rankings & Indexes
- According to the Knight Frank Wealth Report 2018, Mumbai ranks 16th among the top 20 costliest cities in the world.
- Haryana’s first cyber police station, equipped with a digital forensic laboratory, was inaugurated in Gurugram.
- Ashok Gajapathi Raju and Minister of State for Science and Technology Y S Chowdary submitted their resignations to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Supreme Court (SC) allowed passive euthanasia and right to give advance medical directives or ‘Living Wills.
- Rajasthan Assembly has passed Criminal Laws (Rajasthan Amendment) Bill, 2018 by voice vote to amends Indian Penal Code (IPC), 1860 to add provisions providing for death penalty to those convicted of raping girls of 12 years and below.
- The director generals of Border Security Force (BSF), India and Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) have declared 8.3 km stretch of Indo-Bangladesh border a.s 'Free Crime Zone';
- Commerce and Industries Minister Suresh Prabhu has been given additional charge of the Civil Aviation Ministry.
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is working for the deployment of over 1,000 GW of solar energy, and aims to mobilise more than USD 1,000 billion into solar energy by 2030
- French president Emmanuel Macron arrives in India on a four-day bilateral visit.
Defence & Railway News
- US and Israeli had launched the so-called “Juniper Cobra 2018” military drill that simulates a missile attack on Israel.
- Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli named cab-hailing startup Uber's first Brand Ambassador in India.
Schemes / Programme
- The union government launched a biodegradable sanitary pad 'Suvidha' to mark International Women's Day.
- Shri RK Singh launches National E-Mobility Programme in India. It provide an impetus to the entire e-mobility ecosystem including vehicle manufacturers, charging infrastructure companies, fleet operators etc.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) and European Investment Bank (EIB) have signed loan agreement for second line of credit (LoC) of Euro 150 million on non-sovereign basis for renewable energy financing in India.
Summit /Conference / Events
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated National Legislators Conference on the theme ‘We For Development’ in New Delhi.
- India's biggest Media & Entertainment Services Market - enTTech 2018 was inaugurated in Mumbai.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Anjum Moudgil won silver in the women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions (3P) event at the ongoing ISSF World Cup Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun stage in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Other Sports & Award Related News
- The largest ever Winter Paralympics were officially inaugurated in freezing conditions at the Olympic Stadium in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- Sufi singer Pyarelal Wadali passes away in Amritsar
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police Motto: Shaurya – Dridhata – Karm Nishtha
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police Headquarters: New Delhi
- Interest on reserves: 4.00%(market determined)
- RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- Bharti Airtel CEO: Gopal Vittal (1 Mar 2013–)
- Bharti Airtel Headquarters: New Delhi
- Niti Aayog Headquarters: New Delhi
- Niti Aayog Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Border Security Force Headquarters: New Delhi
- Border Security Force Founded: 1 December 1965
- Bangladesh Capital: Dhaka
- Bangladesh Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Bangladesh Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
- ISA: International Solar Alliance
- ISA Founded at: Paris, France
- ISA Head: H.E. Upendra Tripathy
- ISA Headquarters: Gwal Pahari, Gurugram
- France President: Emmanuel Macron Trending
- France Capital: Paris
- U.S. Capital: Washington, D.C.
- U.S. President: Donald Trump
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem
- Israel Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Israel Currency: Israeli new shekel
- Israel President: Reuven Rivlin
- Uber Headquarters: San Francisco
- IREDA: Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency
- EIB: European Investment Bank
- European Investment Bank President: Werner Hoyer
- European Investment Bank Location: Luxembourg
- ISSF: International Shooting Sport Federation
- ISSF Headquarters: Munich, Germany
- ISSF President: Olegario Vázquez Raña