Current Affairs Updates - 25th March 2018
Current Affairs Updates - 25th March 2018 consists of all the important and Latest Current Affairs where the details have been mentioned in bullet points. These are very important for the upcoming examinations of IBPS, SSC, RAIL and Government exams. Some of the important news like Air India's first flight to Saudi Arabia, Naipunya Ratham and Manu Vaker's success are some of the important topics for today. We will also be providing the Current Affairs Quiz based on the Current Affairs headlines of 24th and 25th March 2018.
World Tuberculosis Day is observed on 24 March each year.
- It is designed to build public awareness about the global epidemic of tuberculosis (TB) and efforts to eliminate the disease.
New Appointments: National
JNU professor Rakesh Bhatnagar appointed Banaras Hindu University V C
- JNU professor Rakesh Bhatnagar has been appointed as the vice-chancellor of the Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
New Appointments: International
Martín Vizcarra sworn in as Peru's new president as embattled Kuczynski exits
- A low-profile former regional governor has been sworn in as Peru’s president after his predecessor became the latest of the country’s leaders to resign amid corruption scandals and public repudiation.
Meghalaya: At over 24,000 metres in length, world’s longest sandstone cave found
- Called Krem Puri, the cave was discovered in 2016, but its actual length was found during an expedition by the Meghalaya Adventurers’ Association (MAA) to measure and map it between February 5 and March 1 this year, said Brian Daly Kharpran, a founding member of the organisation.
Air India makes history by flying to Israel via Saudi airspace
- The direct maiden flight of Air India to Tel Aviv from New Delhi arrived here on Thursday, heralding a new chapter in the India-Israel ties and ending a decades-old overfly ban by Saudi Arabia.
Defence & Railway News
Three minesweepers decommissioned by Indian Navy
- Indian Navy's minesweepers 'Konkan', 'Cannanore' and 'Cuddalore' were decommissioned at a ceremony at a dockyard.Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command, Vice Admiral M S Pawar was the chief guest for the ceremony held on Friday at the Naval Dockyard.
Schemes / Programme
Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu flags off Naipunya Ratham
- Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu flagged off Naipunya Ratham, a multi-utility vehicle aimed at taking technology and innovation to the remote corners of the State.
Merger & Acquisitions
Reliance signs deal to merge JioMusic with Saavn
- Mukesh Ambani-helmed Reliance Industries Ltd on Friday announced an integration with leading music app Saavn for its digital music service JioMusic.
Summit /Conference / Events
The 7th India-Egypt Joint Commission Meeting led by EAM SushmaSwaraj and Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry was held in New Delhi.
- Both the sides reviewed the progress in the areas of political, trade & investment, S&T, cyber security, capacity building, security, space and culture.
Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh addresses 5th India Maize Summit 2018
- Union Agriculture Minister, Radha Mohan Singh said that to harness the potential of maize, technological innovations, promoting producer aggregation and linkages are required.
Awards & Honours: Sports
Lewis Hamilton takes record 7th pole at Australian Grand Prix
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton set a blistering time in his final lap of qualifying to take pole position at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix for a record seventh time, outpacing his nearest rival by a sizable 0.664 seconds.
PV Sindhu to be India's flag-bearer at CWG opening ceremony
- Rio Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu will be Indian contingent’s flag-bearer at the opening ceremony of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games
Manu Bhaker secures 10m Air Pistol gold at Junior World Cup
- An exciting final match characterized the 10m Air Pistol Women Junior event in Sydney, where India’s Manu Bhaker prevailed over Thailand’s Kanyakorn Hirunphoem (16) at the very last shot, securing India’s second individual gold at the ISSF Junior World Cup.