One Liner GK Current Affairs: 9th February 2018
Today, Achieversrule team has once again brought to you the One Liner GK Current Affairs: 8th February 2018 and Static Gk Note Down Points. We hope you all have already started your preparation for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. We hope you are having lot of fun in your phase of preparation. We are glad we can be a part of this entire journey with all our readers.
Current Affairs Bites
New Appointments: National
- Hardayal Prasad appointed as SBI Card MD & CEO.
- Rear Admiral Mukul Asthana was appointed as the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff.
- The Reserve Bank will link the base rate for loans given by banks to the MCLR starting April 1, 2018 i.e. from the new financial year.
- The Reserve Bank of India announced setting up ombudsman for addressing customer grievances in the non-banking finance companies.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has constituted a 13-member advisory committee to monitor and expedite capital acquisition projects for the modernisation of the armed forces.
- The Union Ministry of Defence (MoD) has constituted 13-member Raksha Mantri Advisory Committee on Ministry of Defence Capital Projects (RMCOMP).It will be headed by former secretary Vinay Sheel Oberoi.
- India has increased “substantially” its score in the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index, ranking 44th among 50 nations whereas U.S topped the list.
- Forbes has released its first ever list of richest people in cryptocurrency, which is topped by Ripple co-founder Chris Larsen, with an estimated crypto net worth of USD 7.5-8 billion.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved to enhance target base of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) from 5 crore to 8 crore.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved increase in Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Fair Average Quality (FAQ) of “Milling Copra" for 2018 season.
- The Union Cabinet has approved proposal for ratification of Minamata Convention on Mercury and depositing instrument of ratification enabling India to become Party of Convention.
- The Union Cabinet has approved second round of Discovered Small Field (DSF) auctions under Discovered Small Field Policy.
- Attempting a Guinness Book of World record for playing ice hockey at the highest altitude, a two-day tournament was organised at Chibra Kargyam in Ladakh's Changthang region.
- India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable surface to surface Prithvi-II missile as part of a user trial by the Army from a test range in Odisha
- A chat based job search mobile app 'Empzilla', first ever of its kind in the country, is being launched that will do away with existing limitations of employers and job seekers making selection process quick and cost effective.
- The Union Cabinet approved signing of Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) for Secondment Programme between India and Australia.
- TVS Motor and Intel tie up for green scooter.
- Khelo India School Games: Haryana go past Maharashtra to emerge overall champions as Games draw to close.
- Indian princess Sophia Alexandra Duleep Singh was honoured by the Royal Mail of the UK, which marked the centenary of the suffragette movement with eight special stamps.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- SBI Headquarter: Mumbai
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Chief of Naval Staff: Sunil Lanba
- Reserve Bank Governor: Urjit Patel
- Reserve Bank Headquarter: Mumbai
- The marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) refers to the minimum interest rate of a bank below which it cannot lend, except in some cases allowed by the RBI.
- Base rate is the minimum rate set by the Reserve Bank of India below which banks are not allowed to lend to its customers.
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury is a global treaty to protect human health and the environment from the adverse effects of mercury.
- Folk Dances of Odisha: Odisha Chau, Goti Pua, Nacni, Odissi, Dhap and Dalkhai, Baag Naach
- Intel CEO: Brian Krzanich
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a scheme of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas for providing LPG connections to women from Below Poverty Line (BPL) households.
- Founder of Forbes: B. C. Forbes
- Headquarter of Forbes: New York
- UK Capital: London
- UK Currency: Pound sterling
- UK Prime minister: Theresa May