One Liner GK Current Affairs: 7th February 2018
Achieversrule Team has once again brought to you the important One Liner GK Current Affairs: 7th February 2018. These are top headlines of today and all updated news. We hope this will be of utmost use to our readers. We request our readers to go through the Daily Current Affairs Quiz and the Daily Current Affairs Updates for complete preparation of Bank, SSC and Rail exams.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITES
First in India & World
- Japan has set a new spaceflight record as the country's Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) has successfully launched the smallest-ever rocket to carry a satellite into orbit.
New Appointments: International
- Jerome Powell was sworn in today as the 16th chairman of the Federal Reserve in a brief ceremony in the Fed's board room.
Rankings & Indexes
- Actress Bhumi Pednekar has been named as part of Forbes India's 30 under 30 list.
- Three new tools for States and Union Territories the State and Union Territory Startup Ranking Framework, the Compendium of Good Practices for Promoting Startups in India and the Startup India Kit was launched by Union Minister of Commerce and Industry at a function in New Delhi
- Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant Gets Extension Till June 30, 2019
Science & Technology
- SpaceX monster rocket, the Falcon Heavy, was launched from the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida.
- Google has launched #SecurityCheckKiya campaign which aims at promoting security awareness among general public.
Defence & Railway News
- India successfully test-fired its short-range nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-I with a strike range of over 700 km from a test range off the Odisha coast.
- The Chief of US Air Force, General David L Goldfein flew a sortie in indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas at the Indian Air Force (IAF) station in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Books & Authors
Schemes / Programme
- Uttar Pradesh State government in association with UNICEF launched massive door to door campaign DASTAK to eradicate deadly Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) and Japanese Encephalitis (JE) disease in the state.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Sweden has signed Strategic Partnership Agreement with United Nations for committing record 370 million dollars to UN World Food Programme.
Summit /Conference / Events
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will attend the opening ceremony of the 32nd Al Jana-driyah festival in Riyadh .
- The President of India Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 88th Mahamastakabhisheka Utsav of Lord Gomateshwara in Hassan district of Karnataka.
- The Fifth edition of South Asia Region Public Procurement Conference was held in New Delhi. Theme: “Public Procurement and Service Delivery”
- The ‘Pelican Bird Festival-2018’ was held for first in Atapaka Bird Sanctuary on at Kolleru lake in Andhra Pradesh
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Konsam Ormila Devi wins gold at the Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships in Nepal.
- Indian paddler Manav Thakkar settled for silver after losing in the final of the 2018 ITTF World Junior Circuit Finals at Luxembourg.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Japan's Capital: Tokyo
- Japan's Currency: Japanese yen
- Japan's Prime minister: Shinzō Abe
- Aerospace Exploration Agency(JAXA): Japan's national aero-space agency.
- JAXA Founded: 1 October 2003
- JAXA's Headquarters: Tokyo
- Federal Reserve: Central Banking System of U.S.
- Niti Aayog CEO: Amitabh Kant
- Niti Aayog Headquarter: New Delhi
- Indian Air Force Chief Marshal: Birender Singh Dhanoa
- UNICEF Headquarters: New York City, New York, United States
- UNICEF Head: Anthony Lake
- Sweden Capital: Stockholm
- Sweden Currency: Swedish krona
- World Food Programme Headquarters: Rome, Italy
- World Food Programme Head: David Beasley
- World Food Programme Founded: 1961
- Saudi Arabia Capital: Riyadh
- Saudi Arabia's Currency: Saudi Riyal
- Bird Sanctuaries in Andhra Pradesh:
- Nelapattu Bird Sanctuary
- Pulicat Bird Sanctuary
- Uppalapadu Birds Sanctuary