One Liner GK Current Affairs: 4th February 2018
We want to thank all our readers for their constant support. Today we have brought to our readers the One Liner GK Current Affairs for 4th February 2018. We have tried to bring out the best headlines for our readers which are very important for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. We hope our material would be of most use to all of you. You all may also like Current Affairs Updates and Current Affairs GK Quiz.
Current Affairs Bites
First in World
- World's longest zip line 'Jebel Jais Flight' opens in United Arab Emirates.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) said it has received Rs 173.06 crore capital infusions from the government in the current fiscal.
Defence & Railway News
- The Ministry of Defence (Department of Defence Production) constituted a 17 member task force headed by Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran to study use and application of artificial intelligence (AI) in military.
Schemes / Programme
- The Union Government has announced Rs.1.4 lakh-crore Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahaabhiyan (KUSUM) scheme for promoting solar farming i.e. decentralised solar power production of up to 28,250 MW to help farmers.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) and Joint Stock Company United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC), Russia have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate and engage in Design, Development and Execution of contemporary, State-of-Art vessels for Inland and Coastal Waterways.
- Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) signed project agreement with World Bank and for Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP) i.e. National Waterway-1 on Ganga River from Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) to Haldia (West Bengal).
- A memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the construction of 65-storey Twin Tower Trade Centre was signed between the government of Assam and National Building Construction Corporation (NBCC) in Guwahati.
Summit /Conference / Events
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Assam's first global investors summit 'Advantage Assam: Global Investors Summit 2018' aimed to highlight Assam's geostrategic advantages and core competencies in different sectors along with the policy initiatives taken by the state government.
- The 32nd edition of Surajkund International Crafts Mela was held at Faridabad, Haryana. Uttar Pradesh is theme state and Kyrgyzstan is the partner nation.
- The Floating Treatment Wetland (FTW) was inaugurated on World Wetlands Day (February 2) in Neknampur Lake in Hyderabad to clean and purify the polluted waterbody.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- India Open Boxing: Mary Kom Clinches Gold, India Bag 10 Medals
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Shabnam Asthana was awarded the 'Times Power Women of the Year 2017'- Pune for Global PR.
- Mumbai, Veteran filmmaker Shyam Benegal has been selected for the prestigious 'V Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award' of the Mumbai International Film Festival 2018.
Other Sports & Award Related News
- India's leading squash player, Saurav Ghosal jumped five places to No 14 to become the highest ranked Indian in the latest Professional Squash Association.
- Luger Shiva Keshavan and cross country skier Jagdish Singh will represent India in the PyeongChang Winter Olympics which begins on February 9.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Capital of United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi
- United Arab Emirates Currency: Dirham
- Indian Overseas Bank Headquarter: Chennai
- Indian Overseas Bank CEO: R. Subramania Kumar
- Capital of Russia: Moscow
- President of Russia: Vladimir Putin
- Russia Currency: Russian Ruble
- World Bank CEO: Kristalina Georgieva
- World Bank President: Jim Yong Kim
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- World Bank Members: 189 countries
- Assam Capital: Dispur
- Surajkund International Crafts Mela: 32nd cultural festival started in 1987 to show richness and diversity of handicrafts.
- Kyrgyzstan Capital: Bishkek
- Kyrgyzstan Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
- Kyrgyzstan Official Language: Kyrgyz, Russian
- Professional Squash Association Chairman: Ziad Al-Turki
- Professional Squash Association Founded: 1975
- Capital of South Korea: Seoul
- President of South Korea: Moon Jae-in
- Prime minister of South Korea: Lee Nak-yeon
- 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics Stadium: Pyeongchang Olympic Stadium