One Liner GK Current Affairs: 26th February 2018
Today once again AchieversRule team has come up with the Daily One Liner GK Current Affairs for 25th and 26th February 2018. We have sorted out the most hot topics along with their GK Static Notedown Points and Daily Current Affairs Quiz which readers can easily follow if they want to improve their scores in the upcoming government examinations such as Bank, Railway and SSC CHSL and SSC CGL. We hope our readers will be highly benefited by our articles.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITES
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ltd (ABIPBL) started operations making it the fifth payments bank to roll out operations after the central bank gave its in-principle approval to 11 applicants
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has directed banks to link the SWIFT (Society for World Interbank Financial Telecommunication System platform) — a global financial messaging service which was used by jeweller Nirav Modi at Punjab National bank — with the core banking solutions (CBS) of banks by April 30, 2018.
- State Bank of India (SBI) is set for a major restructuring of its business in the UK from April and SBI's UK operations will transform into a subsidiary named State Bank of India UK Limited from April 1.
- Telecom Major Bharti Airtel and Chinese telecom equipment manufacturer Huawei announced they have successfully conducted India's first-ever 5G trial
- Andhra Pradesh gears up for Partnership Summit 2018 to attract investments for innovation
- The Assam government will be observing September 22 as ‘Rhino Day’ to generate public awareness on protection of the one-horned pachyderm
- Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India ceremonially broke ground on the Afghan section of an ambitious, multi-billion dollar gas pipeline expected to help ease energy deficits in South Asia.
- India has imposed anti-dumping duty on import of ceramic tableware and kitchenware from China in a bid to protect domestic producers.
- Government Ropes in Nandan Nilekani For Developing IT Infrastructure For Modicare
- Commerce and industry ministry has appointed four institutes, including IIFT and ICAI, to interact with stakeholders and suggest measures to push India’s ranking in ease of doing business index
- As per the latest World bank’s Doing Business ranking, India’s position improved by 30 places to 100th. The government wants India to figure within top 50 in the coming years.
- Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha launched India's first locally developed 4G/LTE telecom system amid an international buyers-sellers meet of telecom industry.
- Children aged less than 5 years to get blue Baal Aadhaar Card. While the Baal Aadhaar will not carry biometric details of the child, it will be updated with the information after the child crosses the age of five.
- Amritsar, the city of Golden Temple will soon get Rs 100 crores for the execution of various development works that are pending since long.
- ITBP men to learn Chinese to enhance security management skills
Defence & Railway News
- The Indian armed forces successfully test fired nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile Dhanush in full operational configuration from a naval warship positioned in the Bay of Bengal.
- India's premier defence research institute DRDO carried out "successful" test flight of its Rustom 2 drone, a medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), at Chalakere in Karnataka Chitradurga district.
- The eighth joint military exercise "Lamitye" between the Indian Army and Seychelles People’s Defence Forces will continue till March 4 at Mahe Island, Seychelles.
- The Indian Navy will host the multi-national MILAN series of exercises at Port Blair in Andaman and Nicobar islands from March 6 to March 13, 2018. Theme: 'Friendship Across the Seas'.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra Quits As Nirav Modi Brand Ambassador After PNB Fraud Case
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Heavy Water Board signed an agreement with M/s Clearsynth, Mumbai for sale of 20 tonnes of Heavy Water in a year
- Mahindra Aerospace Private Limited has signed an memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Canada’s Viking Air Ltd. to form a strategic alliance to take advantage of India’s growing regional air connectivity opportunities.
- The MoU signed between Union Ministry for Housing and Urban Affairs and the German development agency GIZ would develop and apply concepts for sustainable urban development providing urban basic services and housing in select cities as well as smart cities in India
- Tamil Nadu Govt and Microsoft tie-up to improve the integration of technology in teaching and learning in the state.
Summit /Conference / Events
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron yesterday invited President Maithripala Sirisena to attend the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Founding Conference and Solar Summit scheduled to be held in New Delhi on March 11, 2018.
- Assam has organised a tribal festival called ‘Aadi Mahotsava’ at Gandhi Mandir Indoor stadium field here to celebrate the ethnic tribal culture of the country.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the 'Run for New India' marathon in Surat, Gujarat from the Lalbhai Contractor Stadium
- The two-day 21st National Conference on e-Governance began at HICC. Theme: ‘Technology for accelerating Development’
Awards & Honours: Sports
- The seasoned duo of MC Mary Kom (48 kg) and L Sarita Devi (60 kg) entered the semi-finals, along with two male boxers, in the 69th Strandja Memorial Boxing tournament
- Parupalli Kashyap wins Austrian Open by overcoming Malaysia's June Wei Cheam in straight games in the men's singles final
- The US won the gold medal of Women’s Ice Hockey at 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics
- Gymnast Aruna Reddy makes history, gives India first World Cup medal.
Other Sports & Award Related News
- Canada became the latest to embrace franchise-based T20 cricket with the formation of the Global T20 Canada.
- Athlete Jithin Paul became the first Indian athlete to be banned by the National Anti-Doping Agency for possession of a prohibited substance.
- Veteran Bollywood actress Sridevi passed away here in Dubai on Saturday night after reportedly suffering a cardiac arrest.
- Former mayor, cabinet minister and senior Congress leader Suresh Seth passed away on Thursday evening after a prolonged illness.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- SWIFT- The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication
- The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication provides a network that enables financial institutions worldwide to send and receive information about financial transactions in a secure, standardized and reliable environment.
- SWIFT Headquarters: La Hulpe, Belgium
- SWIFT EO: Gottfried Leibbrandt
- Punjab National Bank Headquarters: New Delhi
- Punjab National Bank CEO: Sunil Mehta
- Punjab National Bank: A Name You Can Bank Upon
- State Bank of India Headquarters: New Delhi
- State Bank of India CEO: Sunil Mehta
- State Bank of India Tagline: A Name You Can Bank Upon
- UK's Prime minister: Theresa May
- UK's Currency: Pound
- Airtel CEO: Gopal Vittal
- Airtel Headquarters: New Delhi
- Folk Dances in Assam
- Bihu Dance
- Jhumur Nach
- Bodo’s Bagurumba
- Khamba Lim
- Turkmenistan Capital: Ashgabat
- Turkmenistan Currency: Turkmenistan manat
- Afghanistan Capital: Kabul
- Afghanistan Currency: Afghan afghani
- Afghanistan President: Ashraf Ghani
- Pakistan's Capital: Islamabad
- Pakistan's Prime minister: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
- Pakistan's Currency: Pakistani rupee
- Pakistan's President: Mamnoon Hussain
- China's President: Xi Jinping
- China's Capital: Beijing
- China's Currency: Renminbi
- IIFT- The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- IIFT's Director: Manoj Pant
- IIFT's Headquarters: New Delhi
- ICAI: Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- ICAI Headquarters: New Delhi
- ITBP: Indo-Tibetan Border Police
- ITBP's Motto: Shaurya – Dridhata – Karm Nishtha
- ITBP's Headquarters: New Delhi
- Indian Navy Admiral: Sunil Lanba
- Seychelles Capital: Victoria
- Seychelles Currency: Seychellois rupee
- NADA CEO: Navin Agarwal
- Canada Capital: Ottawa
- Canada Prime minister: Justin Trudeau
- Assam's Capital: Dispur
- The International Solar Alliance Head: H.E. Upendra Tripathy
- The International Solar Alliance Headquarters: Gwal Pahari, Gurugram
- Microsoft Corporation CEO: Satya Nadella
- Microsoft Corporation Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States
- Microsoft Corporation Founders: Bill Gates