One Liner GK Current Affairs: 24th February 2018
Today we have brought for our readers the One Liner GK Current Affairs: 24th February 2018. These are important for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. We request aspirants to go through details and bullet points regularly. We try to add on all the important points which are important Static GK Note Down points. You may also like Current Affairs Updates for detailed news and CA Gk Quiz.
RBI in News
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has constituted an expert committee under the chairmanship of Y H Malegam, to look into the entire gamut of issues relating to classification of bad loans, rising incidents of frauds and effectiveness of audits.
- The Reserve Bank of India has launched Ombudsman Scheme for non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) for redressal of complaints against them.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The sale of first batch of electoral bonds will take place from March 1-10 at designated branches of State Bank of India (SBI).
- Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar arrives in Goa to present the state budget
- The National Human Rights Commission retained its ‘A’ status of accreditation with the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) for the fourth consecutive term of five years, during the annual meet of GANHRI in Geneva.
Defence & Railway News
- India today successfully test-fired the nuclear-capable surface-to-surface missile ‘Dhanush’ ballistic missile with a strike range of 350 kms from a naval ship off Odisha coast.
Schemes / Programme
- The Haryana government launched Parivartan, a scheme designed to address 10 issues, including cleanliness and pollution, in 46 developmental blocks of the state.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the Tamil Nadu government's Amma Two-wheeler Scheme to provide 50 percent subsidy to working women to buy two-wheelers.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the helicopter service between Daman and Diu.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- India and Canada signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) under which Canada's International Development Research Centre (IDRC) will assist the Indian government through ''programme based research support'' in addressing current and future global and local developmental challenges.
- FICCI launches ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF) in partnership with Department of Science and Technology
- Multi-lateral funding agency Asian Development Bank (ADB) on Friday signed a 84 million dollar loan agreement to finance water supply projects in two cities of Bihar.
- An Indo-German MOU has been signed for an “Implementation Agreement in Sustainable Urban Development and Smart Cities in India” to develop and apply concepts for sustainable urban development about the provision of urban basic services and housing in selected cities and Smart Cities in India.
- The Andijan Region of Uzbekistan and India have inked an agreement for cooperation in the pharmaceutical industry.
Summit /Conference / Events
- NER’s first regional Centre for Agriculture with Israeli collaboration to be inaugurated in Mizoram on 7th March
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with his Canadian counterpart Justin Trudeau at Hyderabad House in the national capital.
- An Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs) has been set up for the North Eastern Region (NER).
- Noted violinist M.S. Anantharaman, an exponent of Parur style of violin playing, died.
- Kunwar Bai, a 106-year-old woman from Chhattisgarh who was chosen as a mascot for the 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan', died Friday after a prolonged illness.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- RBI Currency: Indian Rupee
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- National Human Rights Commission Headquarters: New Delhi
- National Human Rights Commission First executive: Ranganath Misra
- National Human Rights Commission Preceding executive: K. G. Balakrishnan
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Sunil Lanba
- Vice Chief of the Naval Staff (VCNS): Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar
- Canada Prime minister: Justin Trudeau
- Canada Capital: Ottawa
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry Headquarters: New Delhi, Indi
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry Founder: Ghanshyam Das Birla
- Asian Development Bank Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- Asian Development Bank President: Takehiko Nakao
- Asian Development Bank Motto: Fighting poverty in Asia and the Pacific
- Uzbekistan Capital: Tashkent
- Uzbekistan Currency: Uzbekistani soʻm
- Uzbekistan Inter-ethnic language: Russian