One Liner GK Current Affairs: 23rd February 2018
We, the AchieversRule team have brought to you the important One Liner GK Current Affairs for 23rd February 2018. Here we have tried to provide all the Latest and Updated News along with Static GK Note Down Points which are very important for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail, SSC and other Government exams. We hope readers will like our content and give us feedback.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITES
New Appointments: National
- Scripting history, flying officer Avani Chaturvedi has become the first Indian woman to fly a fighter aircraft.
Committees in News
- Government to set up “NITI Forum” which will be co-chaired by the Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog and Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Development of Northeastern Region (DoNER) for Northeast to formulate roadmap for sustainable growth.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- EPFO Cuts Interest Rate on Employees Provident Fund to 8.55% for 2017-18.
- The first sale of electoral bonds will start from 1st March , 2018 for 10 days at four main branches of State Bank of India in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and New Delhi.
Rankings & Indexes
- India has been ranked 81st in the global corruption perception index for 2017, released by Transparency International, which named the country among the "worst offenders" in terms of graft and press freedom in the Asia Pacific region.
- Kerala State Health Minister KK Shailaja makes vaccination compulsory for admissions to Class 1.
- Paytm launched two insurance companies, Paytm Life Insurance and Paytm General Insurance.
- India contributed 1 million dollar aid to Tonga for rehabilitation after the island was hit by Tropical Cyclone Gita which had caused massive destruction.
- The Haryana Government Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched Parivartan, a scheme designed to address 10 issues, including cleanliness and pollution, in 46 developmental blocks of the state.
- Venezuela become first sovereign country to officially launch its own cryptocurrency called Petro backed by oil, gas, gold and diamond reserves to circumvent US-led financial sanctions.
Science & Technology
- Google launched a new product called Google Pay and is Google's version of Apple Pay and will soon include an answer to Apple Pay Cash.
- Scientists from Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru have indigenously developed country’s first super critical carbon dioxide (S-CO2) Brayton Test Loop facility.
Defence & Railway News
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today approved capital acquisition proposals of the defence services, valued at Rs 15,935 crore.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- The Telangana Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Taoyuan City of Taiwan for better technology partnership in the state.
- A MoU was signed between the Government of India and Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC) in New Delhi to usher the “programme based research support” in addressing current and future global and local developmental challenges.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held delegation level talks with his Canadian counterpart Justin Trudeau in New Delhi and signed six agreements in different fields including sports, education, science, and technology.
Summit /Conference / Events
- A three –day India International Textiles Expo (IITExpo) of India began in Sri Lankan capital of Colombo on Wednesday organized by Powerloom Development & Export Promotion Council (PDEXCIL) with the support of Union Ministry of Textiles & Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- India is going to host first International Solar Alliance (ISA) summit in March 2018 in New Delhi where two new programmes — on scaling solar e-mobility and storage, and on rooftop solar will be inaugurated during the summit.
- Israeli Ambassador to India, Mr. Daniel Carmon stated that a Centre for Agriculture, with the collaboration of Israeli expertise, is going to be inaugurated in Mizoram in March 2018.
- The week-long 44th edition of Khajuraho dance festival began at the UNESCO world heritage site on Tuesday in a glittering ceremony.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Chief of the Air Staff: Birender Singh Dhanoa
- IAF Headquarter: Delhi
- NITI Aayog Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- NITI Aayog Headquarters: New Delhi
- EPFO Headquarters: New Delhi
- EPFO CEO: V. P. Joy
- State Bank of India Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- State Bank of India Headquarters: Mumbai
- State Bank of India Tagline: Pure banking nothing else
- Paytm Founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Paytm CEO: Renu Satti
- Paytm Headquarters: Noida
- Venezuela Currency: Venezuelan bolívar
- Venezuela Capital: Caracas
- Google: Global Organization Of Oriented Group Language Of Earth
- Canada Prime minister: Justin Trudeau
- Canada Capital: Ottawa
- Sri Lanka Capital: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Sri Lanka Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem
- Israel Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Israel Currency: Israeli new shekel
- UNESCO Headquarters: Paris, France
- UNESCO Founded: 16 November 1945