One Liner GK Current Affairs: 22nd February 2018
We, the Achievers Rule team have brought to you the Daily One Liner GK Current Affairs of 22nd February 2018. We have updated all the important Current Affairs Updates unders sections of National, International, Banking and Events. We hope that our readers are finding these articles helpful for their upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. We also try to keep our readers updated with all the Latest Employment News along with Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITES
- International Mother Language Day: 21st February to promote awareness of linguistic, multilingualism and cultural diversity
First in India
- Jaipur's Gandhinagar railway station becomes 1st fully women operated station in country
Committees in News
- Government has constituted Empowered Expert Committee (EEC) to select 20 Institutions of Eminence from among 104 institutions (public or private) headed by former Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) N Gopalaswami.
- The Union Government has issued order setting up the ‘Niti Forum for North-East co-chaired by the Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog to identify constraints and recommend suitable interventions for speedy and sustainable growth in North East Region (NER).
- Kerala government have made vaccination compulsory for students in school admissions from next academic year onwards.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched 4 food canteens at Faridabad, Gurugram, Hisar, and Yamunanagar under the ‘Antyodaya Aahaar Yojana'.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given approval for creation of National Urban Housing Fund (NUHF) for Rs 60,000 crore.
- Northeast India’s first regional Centre for Agriculture with collaboration of Israel will be inaugurated in Mizoram in March 2018.
Defence & Railway News
- India successfully conducted a night trial of its indigenously developed nuclear capable surface-to-surface missile Prithvi-II with a strike range of 350 km, from from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur, Odisha
- India’s indigenous developed light transport aircraft SARAS PT1N has successfully completed second test-flight.
Application / Portal
- Google has combined its two payment services, Google Wallet and Android Pay, into a new app called Google Pay.
- Six new features of National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) Platform have been launched to make it more users friendly.
Schemes / Programme
- Aam Aadmi Party To Launch 'Mission Buniyaad' To Fix Learning Crisis In Delhi Schools
- The Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has launched Gangotri Swachh Iconic Place project and Swajal, a community owned drinking water programme in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Uttar Pradesh's Khadi and Village Industries Board signed a pact with Amazon India to facilitate online selling of Khadi products.
- Telangana Government signed a MOU with Taoyuan City for better technology partnership in the state.
Merger & Acquisitions
- Capital First and regulator National Housing Bank (NHB) approved the merger of the company along with Capital Home Finance and Capital First Securities Limited with IDFC Bank.
Summit /Conference / Events
- A three –day India International Textiles Expo (IITExpo) of India began in Sri Lankan capital of Colombo which is being organized by Powerloom Development & Export Promotion Council (PDEXCIL)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 22nd edition of the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) in Hyderabad.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has arrived in Lucknow today to inaugurate the two-day Uttar Pradesh Investors' Summit