One Liner GK Current Affairs: 20th February 2018
We, the Achievers Rule team have brought to you the Daily One Liner GK Current Affairs of 20th February 2018. We have updated all the important Current Affairs Updates unders sections of National, International, Banking and Events. We hope that our readers are finding these articles helpful for their upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. We also try to keep our readers updated with all the Latest Employment News along with Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
New Appointments: National
- Paytm board appoints Pallavi Shroff as independent director
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- PNB Housing Finance Ltd has tied up with International Finance Corporation (IFC) to raise 800 million dollar for green and affordable housing in India.
- Axis Bank has hiked its benchmark marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) by 10 basis points in the three month to three year buckets by 10 basis points effective from February 17.
Rankings & Indexes
- According to a new report by a London-based global think-tank, India's defence is among the world's top five.
- India's first and largest micro-delivery platform "Milkbasket" have been recognized as 'Startup of the Year' 2017 at the 7th Small Business Awards held in New Delhi.
- PhonePe, has partnered with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) for adoption of its indigenously-designed Point of Sale (POS) device at IOCL retail outlets.
- Amazon has rolled out its own food retailing business in India with a pilot in Pune, becoming the first foreign ecommerce firm to stock and sell food items directly to consumers.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the BJP's new headquarters on Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg.
- Singapore would impose a carbon tax from next year to cut its greenhouse gas emissions.
Defence & Railway News
- The Indian and Indonesian armies on Monday began the sixth edition of their annual military exercises in the West Java province of the archipelago country.
- Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Najam Sethi has appointed the world’s fastest bowler Shoaib Akhtar as his advisor on cricket and brand ambassador of the PCB
Schemes / Programme
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had organized "Watan Ko Jano programme" to give exposure to youth and children of J&K.
Summit /Conference / Events
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the Palace Queen Humsafar Express between Mysuru and Udaipur in Mysuru Railway Station.
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare has addressed the Global Digital Health Partnership Summit, at Canberra, Australia.
- The government of India and the UN jointly announced that India will host the global World Environment Day celebrations on 5 June 2018.
- LS Speaker Sumitra Mahajan inauguartes 6th India Region CPA conference at Patna in Bihar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated World Information Technology Congress (WITC) 2018 in Hyderabad, Telangana. Theme: 'Future Enterprises'
- The 8th edition of the Theatre Olympics was inaugurated by Vice president Venkaih Naidu in New Delhi. Theme: "Flag of Friendship"
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Former President Pranab Mukherjee will be conferred an honorary D.Litt by the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST)
- Telugu comedian Gundu Hanumantha Rao, known for his iconic chef character in the TV serial Amrutham, died on Monday morning at the age of 61.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Paytm Founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Paytm Founded: 2010
- Paytm CEO: Renu Satti
- Paytm Headquarters: Noida
- Punjab National Bank Headquarters: New Delhi
- Punjab National Bank CEO: Sunil Mehta
- Punjab National Bank Tagline: The name you can bank upon
- International Finance Corporation Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- International Finance Corporation Founded: 20 July 1956
- International Finance Corporation Membership: 184 countries
- International Finance Corporation CEO: Philippe Le Houérou
- Axis Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- Axis Bank CEO, MD: Shikha Sharma
- Phonepe CEO: Sameer Nigam
- Phonepe Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited Headquarters: New Delhi
- Amazon CEO: Jeff Bezos
- Singapore Currency: Singapore dollar
- Indonesia President: Joko Widodo
- Indonesia Capital: Jakarta
- Indonesia Currency: Indonesian rupiah
- Pakistan Prime minister: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
- Pakistan Capital: Islamabad
- Pakistan Currency: Pakistani rupee
- Pakistan President: Mamnoon Hussain
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Director: Ajoy Kumar Ray
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Founded: 24 November 1856
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Chairperson: K. Radhakrishnan