One Liner GK Current Affairs: 2nd February 2018
The team of Achieversrule is very grateful to all our readers for their constant support and feedback. We try to provide you the best materials and help you with your preparation in IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other competitive exams. Each day we try to bring up all the latest news and materials based on the Current trend and the New pattern of BANK exams. Just like that today we are going to share with you the Top One liners GK Updates for 2nd of February 2018. We are also going to provide you with some Static GK Points so that its easy for our readers to prepare well in advance.
Current Affairs Bites
New Appointments: National
- Lt. Gen Anil Chauhan, who has vast experience in counter-insurgency operations, took charge as the new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army.
- Distinguished scientist Dinesh Srivastava took over as Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC).
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The Central Statistics Office (CSO) revised the gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate for 2015-16 to 8.2% from the earlier estimates of 8% and kept the 2016-17 growth unchanged at 7.1%.
- Union Budget 2018 Released: Free Healthcare, More Money For Farmers In Arun Jaitley's Pre-Poll Budget.
- The union government made Permanent Account Number (PAN) mandatory for any entity conducting financial transactions of 2.5 lakh or more.
- Andhra Pradesh government will be organizing a three-day innovation summit on the theme of ‘Urban transformation to Global Living’ to boost the rapidly developing sector of Urban development.
Defence & Railway News
- State-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd for first time has successfully flown home-made 5.8-tonne Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) with its own automatic flight control system.
- The Ministry of Railways has decided to set up of a massive rail coach factory in Latur district i.e. in Marathwada region of Maharashtra.
Schemes / Programme
- Maharashtra govt’s scheme titled Asmita Yojana would provide a packet of sanitary napkins to girls attending the govt-run zilla parishad schools in rural parts for Rs 5 each.
- The 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela organized by the Surajkund Mela Authority and Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs begun in Faridabad, Haryana.
- India has joined the Ashgabat agreement which envisages setting up of an international transport and transit corridor linking central Asia with the Persian Gulf to significantly ramp up trade and investment.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Anu Kumar of Uttarakhand grabbed the first gold medal of the Khelo India School Games, as Tamil Nadu won two of the six gold medals on offer on the opening day of the athletics programme of the Games.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Magahi writer Shesh Anand Madhukar, who has been working extensively for the development of the language, was honoured with this year's Sahitya Akademi Bhasha Samman award.
- Odisha has bagged 'Geospatial World Excellence Award-2018' for successful IT application for tracking of mineral production, dispatch and value accrued on real-time basis through its i3MS web-based software.
- The world’s oldest man 'Francisco Nunez Olivera' has died just over a month after celebrating his 113th birthday.
- Award winning Director and scriptwriter, Dharmasena Pathiraja passed away at the age of 74.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd Established: October 1, 1964
- Indian Railways Minister: Piyush Goyal
- Indian Railways Headquarters: Rail Bhavan, 1, Raisina Road, New Delhi
- Indian Railways Established: 16 April 1853
- Capital: Ashgabat
- Currency: Turkmenistan manat
- First Bhasha Samman: Sri Dharikshan Mishra