One Liner GK Current Affairs: 13th February 2018
We, the AchieversRule team have brought to you the One Liner GK Current Affairs: 13th February 2018. We hope this will be useful to all of you for the exams of Bank, Rail and SSC. We request our readers to follow the CA Updates regularly for better result. Thanks
- National Productivity Day is observed every year on February 12. Theme of National Productivity Week: “From Waste to Profits-through Reduce, Recycle and Reuse”
First in India & World
- Gevora, the world's tallest hotel opens in Dubai.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The country's largest lender SBI write off bad loans worth Rs 20,339 crore in 2016-17
Rankings & Indexes
- Mumbai, India's financial capital is the 12th richest city in the world with a total wealth of 950 billion dollar, says a report by New World Wealth which ranks New York as the richest city in the world.
- ONGC and its partners have acquired 10% stake in Abu Dhabi oilfield for 600 million dollar.
- Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman Rajiv Kumar made a strong case for setting up an independent debt management office.
- The Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari released India’s first ever Highway Capacity Manual, known as Indo-HCM in New Delhi .
- Direct tax collections grew by nearly 20 per cent between April and January this year with strong growth in both corporate and personal income tax receipts.
- Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) launched the first tests of the world’s first autonomous pods at the World Government Summit.
Defence & Railway News
- India and UAE to hold first joint naval drill in Gulf for promoting inclusive growth through banking and DBT.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- India and Oman Sign eight Agreements As PM Modi Meets Sultan Sayyid Fahd bin Mahmoud Al .
Summit /Conference / Events
- The 123rd Maramon Convention which is billed as Asia’s largest week-long annual Christian meet, began with a call to conserve river Pampa and the environment at its traditional venue on the riverbed of Pampa at Maramon near Kozhencherry
- Indonesia's Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati received the Best Minister Award at the World Government Summit held in Dubai.
- 12th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility by Institute Of Directors (India) held in Bengaluru
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Pyeongchang 2018: India's Shiva Keshavan finishes 34th in men's singles luge event at sixth and last Olympics
- Karnataka's Kishan Gangolli won the National 'A' Chess Championship for Blind for the fifth consecutive time, while Ashvin Makwana of Gujarat and Odisha's Soundarya Kumar Pradhan finished second and third respectively.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- India-Born Techie Mumbai-born engineer Vikas Sathaye Wins Sci-Tech Oscar Award for New Camera System
- Pakistani human rights lawyer Asma Jahangir dies.
- Theory of Everything composer Jóhann Jóhannsson dies at 48
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- SBI Tagline: Pure banking, nothing else
- ONGC Headquarters: Uttarakhand
- ONGC CEO: Shashi Shanker
- ONGC Founded: 14 August 1956
- UAE Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham Trending
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Oman Capital: Muscat
- Oman Currency: Omani rial
- Pakistan's Prime minister: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi Trending
- Pakistan's Capital: Islamabad
- Pakistan's Currency: Pakistani rupee