One Liner GK Current Affairs: 11th February 2018
We, the Achieversrule team have brought for our candidates the Daily One Liner GK Current Affairs: for 10th and 11th February 2018. We hope our readers will find this useful. We request our readers to keep following our site regularly. All the Latest Updates are mentioned in our home page itself. We hope our materials will be of help to you for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. Todays note down points are based on National, International, Banking, Obituary and Schemes. These GK Points are not only helpful for the exams but will also help improve your knowledge. You all may go through the Daily GK Quiz for better performance.
New Appointments: National
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) appointed Biswamohan Mahapatra as non-executive chairman for two years.
- Indra Nooyi, the PepsiCo chairman and CEO, has been appointed to the ICC board as its first independent female director.
Committees in News
- The Union Ministry of Defence (MoD) has constituted 13-member Raksha Mantri Advisory Committee on Ministry of Defence Capital Projects (RMCOMP).
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- SBI posts Rs 24.16 billion quarterly loss for first time in nearly 19 years
- IndusInd Bank launched its new Sonic Identity, which is essentially a musical logo, as part of its branding initiatives.
- Bengaluru to get electric vehicle charging points across the city
- The government has made it mandatory for banks to sanction education loans only though online process and asked them not to consider any application submitted in the physical form, so that the education loan disbursement process becomes transparent and more efficient.
- Intel’s Winter Olympics light show featured a record-breaking 1,218 drones in the skies over Pyeongchang.
- The South Korean President has been invited to travel to North Korea, following a formal invitation from the country's leader, Kim Jong Un, potentially setting up the first meeting of Korean leaders since 2007.
- Former Bangladesh PM Khaleda Zia sentenced to five years in prison.
Science & Technology
- Scientists simulate tests for 1st manned mission to Mars in vast sandy terrain of Dhofar Desert in Oman.
Defence & Railway News
- The South Central Railway (SCR) said it has become the first railway zone in the country to complete 100 percent LED lighting at all the stations under its jurisdiction.
Books & Authors
- Sachin Tendulkar and his wife Anjali Tendulkar launched a book on child health care titled 'Even When There Is A Doctor'.
Application / Portal
- Fly ash management App for thermal power plants launched by providing an interface between fly ash producers (thermal power plants) and potential ash users such as road contractors, cement plants, etc.
Summit /Conference / Events
- King Salman bin Abdulaziz in presence of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurated 32nd edition of Saudi Arabia’s National Heritage Festival.
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated 88th Mahamastakabhisheka of Lord Gomateshwara by unveiling an idol of Bahubali at Shravanabelagola in Hassan district, Karnataka.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Indian para-cyclists win one silver, two bronze at Asian Para-Cycling Championships at the Wunna Theikdi Sport Stadium in Naypyidaw, Myanmar
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- An eight-year-old Indian-origin schoolgirl, Sohini Roy Chowdhury has entered the UK's Mathletics the top 100 World Hall of Fame.
- Reliance Industries (RIL) has been awarded the Golden Peacock Award 2017 for corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
- The doyen of Odia literature Chandrasekhar Rath passed away at a private hospital.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- National Payments Corporation of India is the parent organization of all retail payment systems in India.
- National Payments Corporation of India Headquarters: Mumbai
- National Payments Corporation of India Founded: 2008
- Pepsico CEO: Indra Nooyi
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the international governing body of cricket.
- ICC Chairperson: Shashank Manohar
- ICC Headquarters: Dubai
- ICC CEO: Dave Richardson
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- SBI Tagline After Merger: Bade Bank ke Bade Fayede
- IndusInd Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- IndusInd Bank CEO: Romesh Sobti
- IndusInd Bank Tagline: 'We Care Dil Se; We Make You Feel Better'
- South Korea President: Moon Jae-in Trending
- South Korea Capital: Seoul
- South Korea Currency: South Korean won
- South Korea Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon
- North Korea Capital: Pyongyang
- North Korea Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un
- North Korea Currency: North Korean won
- Bangladesh Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina Trending
- Bangladesh Capital: Dhaka
- Bangladesh Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Oman Capital: Muscat
- Oman Currency: Omani rial
- Saudi Arabia King: Salman of Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia Capital: Riyadh
- Saudi Arabia Currency: Saudi riyal
- Myanmar Capital: Naypyidaw
- Myanmar Currency: Burmese kyat
- Myanmar President: Htin Kyaw