Oneliner GK Current Affairs: 18 January 2018
Hope You all are preparig well with our daily updates for Upcoming Banking & Various SSC Exams. In most of the Government Competitive Exams now these days Current Affairs Oneliner Points will definetely help you to boost your score specially for those who feels English, Quant or reasoning is very tuff. But you can easily score from this portion. Here we are again presenting the New Updated Oneliner Static GK Daily Current affairs of 18 January 2018. Read the best for sure.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITE
Top New: Do You Know ?
First in World & India
- China builds ‘world’s biggest air purifier’ (A 100-metre high air purification tower in Xian in Shaanxi province has helped reduce smog levels in the city, preliminary results suggest).
New Appointments: National
- Vice Admiral AB Singh takes charges as new Chief of Staff, Western Naval Command from Vice Admiral Ravneet Singh.
- West Bengal has secured investment commitments of over ₹2,19,000 crore at the 2018 edition of the Bengal Global Business Summit (BGBS).
- The list of World's 100 Leading Tech Companies, topped by Microsoft, identifies the industry's most operationally sound and financially successful organisations, TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL Tech, Tech Mahindra Ranked Among World's Top 100 Tech Firms.
- International Workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (IWDRI)-2018 concludes successfully; Shri Kiren Rijiju addresses participants.
- NITI Aayog initiates the first course on Sustainable Urban Planning using Remote Sensing and GIS at IIT Kanpur’s Outreach Center in NOIDA.
- India attends its first Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) military cooperation meeting, An Indian delegation led by Major General Ajay Seth participated in the meeting.
- Haryana government to set up State Administrative Tribunal.
- Three opposition ruled states --West Bengal, Kerala and Odisha -- have opted out of the Centre's Transformation of Aspirational Districts scheme, thus reducing the total number of districts under the programme to 102 from 115, a senior Niti Aayog official said.
- Israeli PM inaugurates 3rd edition of annual Raisina Dialogue meeting at New Delhi.
Science & Technology
- The first day image captured by India’s recently launched weather observation Cartosat-2 series satellite shows a part of Indore city in Madhya Pradesh with the Holkar Cricket Stadium in the centre.
Defence & Railway
- The biennial search and rescue exercise by ships and aircraft from the Indian and Japanese Coast Guards, to be witnessed by observers from 27 maritime nations, The two-day event will comprise a workshop on January 16 and search and rescue operations on January 17 in Bay of Bengal.
Schemes / Programme
- Jammu and Kashmir Finance Minister Haseeb Drabu announced an exclusive industrial development scheme to expand and promote business activities in the state. Winding up the discussion on the Budget for 2018-19 in the Assembly, Drabu said that under the scheme, to be rolled out soon, central capital investment subsidy of 30 per cent would be provided for plant and machinery and buildings for hotels.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the Mukhya Mantri Kalakar Sahayata Yojana (Chief Minister Artistes Aid Scheme) for the welfare of the artistes in Odisha.
- TCS on Tuesday announced that it won a deal with M&G Prudential, the UK and European savings and investments business of Prudential, to digitally transform their business and deliver enhanced service for its UK savings and retirement customers. The deal is valued over £500 million ($690 million ) over 10 years and covers the support of over 4 million customer policies.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Actor Sudhir Dalvi gets Janakavi P Sawlaram award.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Professional wrestler Bill Goldberg is set to be inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame 2018.
- Brazilian World Cup winner Ronaldinho has formally confirmed his retirement from football.
- Veteran journalist NK Trikha passes away.
- Senior Rashtriya Janata Dal leader and former Union Minister Raghunath Jha passed away in Delhi.
STATIC GK NOTEDOWN POINTS
- Article 370 - Applied in Jammu & Kashmir.
- CM of Jammu & Kashmir: Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed
- Summer Capital of Jammu & Kashmir: Srinagar
- Winter Capital of Jammu & Kashmir: Jammu
- Holkar Cricket Stadium is situated at Madhya Pradesh
- Full form of NITI AAYOG: National Institution for Transforming India
- Chairman: Narendra Modi.
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarter: New Delhi
- Haryana CM: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor of Haryana: Kaptan Singh Solanki
- President of Afghanistan: Ashraf Ghani
- Capital & Currency of Afghanistan: Kabul, Afghan afghani