Oneliner GK Current Affairs: 16 January 2018
As we know Current Affairs Notedown Points is a very important section in Bank & SSC Exams and to help our readers we have sorted out some of the best Daily Oneliner Current Affairs Bites of 16th january 2018 in a line. These will help in your preparation for the Upcoming Bank Exams like PO and Clerk along with that of SSC Exams. We hope this will be helpful to all our readers.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITES
Top News: Do You Know ?
- The Unique Identification Authority of India, the Aadhaar-issuing authority, has decided to enable face recognition as another means of authentication from July 1, 2018.
- Hackers steal Rs.2.5 cr worth cryptocurrency from wallet firm.
- Inflation based on the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) eased to 3.58% in December from 3.93% in the previous month due to lower food inflation. As per government data, inflation in Food Articles slowed to 4.72% while fuel inflation rose to 9.16% in December.
- A 910-carat diamond thought to be the fifth largest in the world has been discovered in the African nation of Lesotho, UK-based mining company Gem Diamonds said, The diamond is estimated to be worth $40 million (over ?254 crore).
- People across the nation observe National Nothing Day every year on 16th January.
- Army chief General Bipin Rawat, Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba and Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa paid tribute at Amar Jawan Jyoti on 70th Army Day: 15th January
First in India:
- India’s first-ever FDI in fertiliser sector: Yara completes acquisition of Tata Chemicals urea plant. The Rs 2,682-crore deal includes the transfer of all assets and liabilities (working capital) relating to the Babrala unit, while marking the first foreign direct investment in India’s highly regulated urea sector.
- India’s first agri-Options unveiled for doubling farmers income. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has said, development of the agriculture sector is a priority for the NDA government. He launched country's first agri-commodity options in guar seed yesterday.
New Appointments: National:
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) approves Vijay Kumar's appointment as NCDEX MD & CEO.
- India has contributed USD 50,000 to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres's Office of Envoy on Youth to help with its mission of involving young people in the world body's goals.
- Sri Lanka's president has ordered the reinstatement of ban on women buying alcohol and being employed in places where the drinks are produced and sold.
Defence & Railway
- Warships INS Nirbhik and INS Nirghat were decommissioned here, after serving the Navy for 30 and 28 years respectively.
Books & Authors
- Former India captain Dilip Vengsarkar unveiled Sanjay Manjrekar’s autobiography Imperfect at a South Mumbai fine dining restaurant.
Schemes / Programme
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Petroleum & Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan will inaugurate a month long awareness programme “Saksham – 2017” on 16th January, 2016 at Siri Fort Auditorium, New Delhi. Saksham - 2017 (Sanrakshan Kshamta Mahotsav) is aimed to create awareness amongst masses towards judicious utilization and conservation of petroleum products along with use of energy efficient appliances and switching to cleaner fuels.
- International camel festival 2018 begins in Bikaner (Jaipur), Dedicated to the ship of dessert, the annual Bikaner Camel Festival began in the city of sand dunes.
- Maharashtra’s mine workers who face an increased risk of tuberculosis will be part of awareness programmes on the illness, as part of a partnership that the Maharashtra Government recently formalized with Johnson & Johnson.
- The state-run Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) and Zone Startups India have jointly launched a first-of-its-kind initiative in the southern state to accelerate startups in the revenue stage.
Sports/Awards & Honours
- Delhi wicket-keeper batsman Rishabh Pant, abruptly sacked from captaincy a week ago, gave another example of his rare talent by blasting a record 32- ball hundred in a North Zone match against Himachal Pradesh.
- Hyderabad Hunters won the third edition of the Premier Badminton League championship with a hard-fought 4-3 win over Bengaluru Blasters in the final at Gachibowli Indoor Stadium in Hyderabad.
- Indian actress Charu Rohatgi, best known for her role as Parineeti Chopra's mother in Ishaqzaade, has passed away.
- Veteran Tamil writer, journalist and theatre personality, Gnani Sankaran, died in Chennai. He was 64.
- Researchers have discovered a new species of moth from the Talle Wildlife Sanctuary in Arunachal Pradesh. The discovery of the Zygaenid moth was published in the Journal of Threatened Taxa, an international journal on conservation and taxonomy, on December 26 last year.
- India's National Knowledge Network and Sri Lanka's LEARN which connect to educational institutions between the two countries have now been linked with each other through high capacity internet, the government Said.
- Dan Gurney, the first driver with wins in each of the Formula One, IndyCar and NASCAR Cup series, died on Sunday at the age of 86 from complications of pneumonia.
CA STATIC GK NOTEDOWN POINTS
- Full form of UIDAI - Unique Identification Authority of India
- UIDAI is a nodal statutory organization
- Launched - 28th January, 2009
- Headquarters - New Delhi
- First Chairperson - Shri Nandan Nilekani ( Former Infosys CEO) on 2nd July, 2009
- First Director General - Shri Ram Sevak Sharma (IAS) in July 2009
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is the regulator for the securities market in India. It was established in the year 1988 and given statutory powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.