Oneliner Current Affairs GK Notedown 8 January 2018
Hope You all are preparing well & we expect that by this year all our readers will crack government jobs as per your choices. So without any delay start the Oneliner Current Affairs GK Notedown Points of 8 Deceber 2018. Here we mentioned all latest news events uptodate. For last 10 days we take a long break due to several factors. Hopefully from now onwards you will get your Oneliner Daily Current Affairs on your prescribed time.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK POINTS
- Haryana becomes first state to launch portal for managing high risk pregnancies (HRP).
- The Indian Navy and Cochin Port Trust (CPT) have entered into an Memorandum of Understanding for utilising the Port's berthing facility at Mattancherry wharf for Naval ships.
- India’s second FTII(Film and Television Institute of India) to be set up in Arunachal Pradesh.
- France’s Gilles Simon beats Anderson to win inaugural Tata Open Maharashtra Tennis Championship.
- China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), in which India is a second largest shareholder, plans to issue its first US dollar-denominated bond with minimum worth of a USD billion by June this year.
- Indian Railways to Equip All 8,500 Stations With Free Public Wi-Fi Facility, The rollout of Wi-Fi at 8,500 stations will cost roughly Rs. 700 crores.
- Saudi Arabia has agreed to India’s proposal to revive the option of Haj pilgrimage through sea route, Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said adding that the service will begin soon.
- The vibrant Khelo India logo, reflecting the freshness, agility and vitality of New India was launched at a ceremony by the Union Minister of State ( I/C) Youth Affairs and Sports Rajyavardhan Rathore at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi. The logo also conveys an impression of fitness and competitiveness
- Switzerland won their third Hopman Cup on Saturday as Roger Federer and Belinda Bencic beat Germany's Alexander Zverev and Angelique Kerber 4-3(3) 4-2 in the deciding mixed doubles to secure a 2-1 victory in the final at the Perth Arena.
- WestBengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced the award received from Central Government. The state was given the first prize for ensuring e tender. The state has become best in the country for ensuring e-tendering of Fifty-three thousand projects worth RTs 36,000 crore.
- Pakistan releases 147 Indian fishermen in goodwill gesture, The 147 Indian fishermen who were imprisoned in Karachi eight months ago for allegedly fishing in its territorial waters, according to a media report.
- Shri Ananthkumar to inaugurate 18th All India Whips Conference, to be held at Udaipur on 8th - 9th January, 2018 Government proposes Rolling out e-Sansad and e-Vidhan in Parliament and State Legislatures to digitize and make their functioning paperless States and Union territories to present Action-Taken Reports on recommendation of the 16th and 17th Whips conferences held in Goa and Visakhapatnam respectively
- Kajal Kumari and Mohd. Ghufran, both representing Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB), registered contrasting wins to bag the women's singles and men's singles crowns respectively in the LIC of India sponsored 24th Federation Cup All India Carrom Championship.
- Elina Svitolina secured her first WTA title in Australia with a straight-sets victory in the Brisbane International final.
- Legendary astronaut John Young, who walked on the Moon and later commanded the first space shuttle flight, has died at 87 as per NASA.
- Shrivallabh Vyas, known for his work in films like Lagaan and Sarfarosh, passed away on Jnauary 7 in Jaipur.
- Toyota's former president Tatsuro Toyoda, who helped the Japanese auto giant establish a foothold in North America, has died at the age of 88.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS FROM CA's
SURE SORT EXPECTED QUESTIONS
- Chief Minister of Haryana: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor of Haryana: Kaptan Singh Solanki.
- Chief of Indian Navy: Admiral Sunil Lanba.
- FTII(Film and Television Institute of India) Established on 1960. Anupam Kher is the Present Chairperson of FTII.
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra: Devendra Fadnavis
- Governor of Maharashtra: Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao.
- Headquarter of AIIB: Beijing, China.
- President of AIIB: Jin Liqun.
- Click Here to Read All About Indian Railways.
- Chairman of Railway Board: Shri Ashwani Lohani
- Currency & Capital of Soudi Arabia: Rial (SAR), Riyadh.
- Prime Minister of Soudi Arabia: Salman of Saudi Arabia.
- King of Soudi Arabia: King Abdullah.
- Currency & Capital of Switzerland: Franc, Bern