How to Score High in English in Bank Exams
In Every bank exams like IBPS PO, Clerk, SBI, RRB and RBI exams have one English section in both the preliminary and main examination. This is a very important part and most of the students find it difficult to secure the sectional cutoffs. In fact they face a lot of problem while preparing and even while thinking of a strategy to score well in this part.
So today we are going to share with you some of the best tips so that you not only secure cut offs but score well in this section and that too very easily. We can assure you that this is the best option anyone can have and so try following them at least once and see how well you do.
Check out the tips given below
- Firstly, for those who are going to attempt the bank exams for the first time should know well about the pattern of the English Section for such exams in both preliminary and main exams. While those who already appeared for such exams should go through all the details regarding any change in exam pattern or question patterns for the upcoming bank exams. This will help you to start your preparation accordingly.
- Pick up a question paper of any recent bank exam and go through it very carefully. Jot down all those topics which you need to prepare. Once you know all the topics which are commonly asked in bank exams then try to find these topics in any grammar book or any other baking preparation english books. So these will be the main topics for you to have a good grab at.
- Now do not skip some other topics like tense, voice,subject verb agreement from which you won't get any direct questions. but these are very important to solve the other types of questions in the English section. So make sure you go through your entire grammar book at least once or twice to have a clear cut concept of all topics already given.
- One you are done with that you can start focussing on your jotted down topics which are specifically asked in bank exams. Those who already have an idea of the entire thing can start directly from here and skip going through the basics only if they have already done it before.
- All banking aspirants should start reading newspaper from day 1 itself. You might find it boring or have some difficulty while going through headlines but do not quit. You can start by reading only the first page for the first day and keep increasing the count slowly. However, do not end up reading the fashions and movie blogs as they are of no use for your banking exams. You can also avoid the political news. But go through the banking and economic news is a must. Continue this for a while and after a few days you will get acquainted to the entire english pattern of the newspaper.
- Reading newspaper can help you to improve your reading speed, improve vocabulary and boost your knowledge in current affairs.
- To prepare for the other sections like error correction, phrase replacement practise online quizzes or give mock tests but you can always start with solving exercises from your book if you initially find it difficult to practise online.
- Make sure you check your mistakes every time you solve an exercise or give a mock test. Self evaluation is very important if you want to improve your result.
- While you are giving practising your exercises keep a check on the time you are taking to solve each section or rather each topic. if you do this you will get to know which topics are you strong at and which are your weak points. Once you know that you can easily do further planning.
- Once you are done with enough short exercises try to practise entire mock tests for bank exams. Once again go through the evaluation process to measure your efficiency.
- Before you start practising full length mocks follow a particular strategy. You can check our site on such strategies or plan out something all by yourself.
- While you give your mock tests try to follow the exam rules and practise as if you are appearing for your main exam.
We hope these tips and tricks will help you in your preparation for bank exams. But we can assure you that if you follow these you will definitely score well and easily clear cutoffs.