Current Affairs One Liners - 9th December 2017
Study all the important Current Affairs from Current Affairs One-liners - 9th December 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates related to Sports, Achievements, Recent Government Schemes which are very important for IBPS exams.
- Azar A.H.Khan appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Turkmenistan.
- The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan has named noted Indian businessman, Deepak Parekh, as International Ambassador who will be tasked with championing the UK capital across the globe.
- According to global financial services major Morgan Stanley, The Indian economy is expected to witness cyclical growth recovery, with real GDP growth likely to accelerate from 6.4 per cent this year to 7.5 per cent in 2018 and further to 7.7 per cent in 2019.
- Kerala’s Alappuzha among 5 global cities in UN Environment report lists to successfully manage solid waste
- Kacheguda Becomes India's 'First' Energy-Efficient Railway Station.
- The United Nations today announced the Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-2030) to mobilize the scientific community, policy-makers, business and civil society around a program of joint research and technological innovation.
- Japan to acquire air-launched missiles able to strike North Korea, a controversial purchase of what will become the longest-range munitions of a country that has renounced the right to wage war.
- First International Conference on Sports Medicine & Sports Sciences SAICON 2017 inaugurated in Delhi.
- The Wassenaar Arrangement (WA), a multilateral export control regime, decided to admit India as its new 42nd member during its two-day plenary session in Vienna, Austria.
- Kumbh Mela, the mass Hindu pilgrimage of faith, has been inscribed on the UNESCO’s Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- India Center Foundation (ICF) brings to India for the first-time ever the Global Partnership Summit (GPS) 2017 which is scheduled to be held at Aerocity, New Delhi from 11th to 14th December 2017.
- Kanchanmala Pande Becomes First Indian to Win Gold at World Para Swimming Championship taking place in Mexico.
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins fifth Ballon d’Or to equal Lionel Messi’s record.
- Gurdeep Singh created three new senior national records in +105 kg weight category in the just-concluded IWF World Weightlifting Championships at Anaheim in USA.
Note Down Points
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions that can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in note down points.
- London is the Capital of England.
- Kacheguda is situated in Hyderabad district.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization tasked to promote international cooperation and to create and maintain international order.
- The head quarter of United Nations is situated in New York City.
- United Nations was established in 24 October 1945.
- Thiruvananthapuram is the Capital city of Keral.
- Tokyo is the Capital city of Japan.
- Pyongyang is the Capital of North Korea.
- Kumb Mela is held at Haridwar, Prayag (Allahabad), Nashik-Trimbak, and Ujjain.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is from Portugal.