Current Affairs One Liners - 8th December 2017
Study all the important Current Affairs from Current Affairs One-liners - 8th December 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates related to Sports, Achievements, Recent Government Schemes which are very important for IBPS exams.
- Retirement fund body EPFO has opened a new facility for its over 4.5 Crore members that will allow consolidation or merger of their multiple PF accounts with the current universal portable account number (UAN).
- Indian Bank revises interest rates on foreign currency non-resident deposits.
- Axis Securities, a subsidiary of Axis Bank, has become the first-ever broking arm of a bank to take membership of a commodity exchange by registering itself with NCDEX.
- ICICI Bank launches a digital service to allow customers to open a (public provident fund) PPF account via internet banking or mobile banking.
- The government has engaged private lender ICICI Bank to enable online payments at 470 mandis integrated with national portal of electronic National Agriculture Market (e-NAM).
- According to a new survey by online travel portal TripAdvisor, the Taj Mahal, India's iconic ivory-white marble mausoleum in Agra, is the second best UNESCO world heritage site in the world after Angkor Wat.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the B R Ambedkar International Centre and said it would be an important place for research on social and economic issues.
- Border Security Force (BSF) launches computer-assisted test to examine psychological health of personnel.
- Online food delivery start-up Swiggy (Bundl Technologies Pvt. Ltd) has appointed Vishal Bhatia as chief executive officer for its new supply business.
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the 12th Annual Convention of Central Information Commission (CIC).
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) has become the first global Cloud service provider (CSP) to achieve full empanelment for delivering Public Cloud services to government customers in India.
- Sushil Kumar quits as National Sports Observer for wrestling.
- The National Commission for Minorities (NCM) formed a three-member committee to study the matter of minority status to Hindus in eight states where their population is less than 50 per cent.
- The Somali government and the United Nations signed the UN Strategic Framework for Somalia (UNSF), mapping out the world body’s support to the country’s development priorities in the next four years.
- Caltech researchers have found a way to make the world's smallest Mona Lisa from DNA.
- India and Cuba signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for enhanced cooperation in the health sector.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Italy for cooperation in Agriculture and Phytosanitary issues.
- The State government of Andhra Pradesh and Make in India Korea Center (MIC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set up Korea Industrial Complex in the State.
- India lifts first South Asian Regional Badminton Tournament at the Tarun Ram Phookan Indoor Stadium.
Note Down Points
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions that can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in note down points.
- EFPO stands for Employees' Provident Fund Organization.
- V. P Joy is the CEO of Employees' Provident Fund Organization.
- The head quarter of Employees' Provident Fund Organization is situated in New Delhi.
- Employees' Provident Fund Organization was founded in 1952.
- Indian Bank was established in 1907.
- The CEO of Indian Bank is Kishor Kharat.
- The head quarter of Indian Bank was established in Chennai.
- The head quarter of Axis Bank is situated in Mumbai.
- Sikha Sharma is the CEO of Axis Bank.
- ICICI Bank stands for Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India.
- Chanda Kochhar is the CEO of ICICI Bank.
- Tajmahal is situated in Uttar Pradesh.
- UNESCO stands for United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- The head quarter of UNESCO is situated in Paris.
- B R Ambedkar International Center is situated in New Delhi.
- The head quarter of Border Security Force is situated in New Delhi.
- Havana is the capital of Cuba.
- Angkor Wat is situated in Cambodia.