Current Affairs One Liners - 6th December 2017
Study all the important Current Affairs from Current Affairs One-liners - 6th December 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates related to Sports, Achievements, Recent Government Schemes which are very important for IBPS exams.
- 5th December is celebrated as the world soil day. Theme: ‘Caring for the Planet starts from the Ground’.
- Rahul Singh, the founder, and CEO of The Beer Café has been appointed as president of the National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI), replacing Riyaaz Amlani, CEO & MD of Impresario Entertainment & Hospitality after he resigned from his duties due to health reasons.
- Aluva-based Federal Bank has launched a non-interest bearing savings account targeting those whose beliefs do not permit them to accept interest payments. The 'Noor Personal Account' was launched on Milad-e-sherif.
- Fitch Ratings has reduced the growth forecast for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018, to 6.7 per cent from 6.9 per cent.
- Indian-American California senator Kamala Harris has topped the prestigious Foreign Policy magazine’s 2017 list of ‘50 Leading Global Thinkers’ which also features US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley.
- India's largest floating solar power plant opens in Kerala.
- Paytm Payments Bank unveils Paytm FASTag across India to enable electronic toll fee collection on highways across the country, in line with the government's move to make FASTag mandatory on every new vehicle sold from December 1.
- Google makes first direct investment in India, funds hyper local startup Dunzo.
- Ellie Goulding Honored as UN Environment Global Goodwill Ambassador.
- UAE Armed Forces along with the UK, US and French armies are participating in joint exercises named as “Flag4” in Abu Dhabi.
- Amitabh Bachchan launched "Bollywood - The Films! The Songs! The Stars!", a book by S.M.M. Ausaja, Karan Bali, Rajesh Devraj and Tanul Thakur.
- Google launches Android Oreo Go edition for low-end phones.
- Google Maps introduces "Two-Wheeler mode" in India in Google Maps with quicker navigation time and parking status at the destination.
- The Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Board of Directors has approved debt financing and partial risk guarantees totaling 583 million dollar to develop the Reliance Bangladesh Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Power Project.
- The 6th International Tourism Mart-2017 begins in Guwahati.
- Mohamad Al Jounde, a teenage Syrian refugee won a prestigious international prize for building a school and providing an education to hundreds of children who fled to Lebanon to escape the conflict.
Note Down Points
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions that can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in note down points.
- National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI) was founded in 1982.
- The head quarter of National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI) is situated in New Delhi.
- The Federal Bank was established in 1945 at Kochi.
- Shyam Srinivasan is the CEO of Federal Bank.
- Renu Satti is the MD and CEO of Paytm Payments Bank.
- Sundar Pichai is the CEO of Google.
- Asian Development Bank was founded in 19th December, 1966.
- The President of Asian Development Bank is Takehiko Nakao.
- The head quarter of Asian Development Bank is situated in Philippines.