Current Affairs One Liners 30th Nov & 1st Dec 2017
You can easily write down all the important Current Affairs from Current Affairs One-liners - 30th November and 1st December 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates related to Sports, Achievements, Recent Government Schemes which are very important for IBPS exams.
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions that can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in note down points.
- Badri Narain Sharma has been appointed the first chairman of the National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA), the body set up under the goods and services tax (GST) to ensure that the benefits of lower taxes under the new regime are shared with consumers.
- The Ministry of Finance appointed former economic affairs secretary Shaktikanta Das as India’s G20 Sherpa till December 31, 2018 for the Development Track of the grouping.
- A new Payments Bank 'Paytm Payments Bank' was formally launched at the hands of the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- The West Bengal government has negotiated with the World Bank to avail subsidy to buy 130 electric buses for plying in Kolkata, Asansol and Durgapur.
- Karnataka Bank has partnered with the Boston Consulting Group (India) Pvt Ltd and the transformation project -- ‘KBL Vikaas’ -- was launched in Mangaluru.
- The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) was recognised as a national body by the Indian Olympic Association, which removed the terminated Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) as its affiliate.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik unveiled the logo and mascot for the Hockey Men's World Cup 2018 at Kalinga Stadium.
- Amazon India, in collaboration with hardware accelerator HAX and crowd-funding community Kickstarter, has announced a startup challenge 'Startup C-Cube'.
- Victoria becomes the first Australian state to legalize voluntary assisted dying or Euthanasia.
- Aung San Suu Kyi has been stripped of the "Freedom of Oxford" award by the city's council, over her failure to speak out on abuses against Myanmar's Rohingya.
- The Defenses Ministry approved procurement of 260 naval communication sets at a cost of Rs 490 crore to ramp up surveillance on the high seas.
- Madhya Pradesh becomes first state in the country to adopt 'Panch Parmeshwar' portal and app system for making panchayat’s functioning more transparent easy and reliable.
- Manipur welcomes ‘SAUBHAGYA’ scheme with an aim to transform the lives, especially poorest of the poor by providing power supply to every household of the country.
- A tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Tourism and Hospitality Sector Skill Council (THSC) with Airbnb to Upskill Hospitality Entrepreneurs.
- India and Italy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for enhanced cooperation in the health sector.
- India and United Kingdom will soon sign an MoU in the urban transport sector for cooperation in policy planning, technology transfer and institutional organization.
- Russia will assist India to set up a national crisis management center in the country to handle disaster and other emergency situations.
- Mumbai is going to host the 15th Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF) for Documentary, Short and Animation films from 28th January to 3rd February 2018 at the National Centre for Performing Arts, Mumbai.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 15th edition of the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit. Theme: ‘The Irreversible Rise of India’.
- The High-Level Inter-Governmental Mid-Point review meeting organised by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) in cooperation with China Disabled Persons’ Federation (CDPF) of Asia and Pacific Decade for Persons with Disabilities, 2013-2022 was held in Beijing, China.
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) had launched India Hypertension Management Initiative (IHMI) aimed to reduce disability and death related to cardiovascular disease (CVD), the leading cause of death in India.
- The first edition of the International Symposium to Promote Innovation & Research in Energy Efficiency (INSPIRE 2017) was kicked off in Jaipur.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, conferred the 3rd ICCR Distinguished Indologist Award on Professor Hiroshi Marui of Japan at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Robin Campillo's French film '120 Beats Per Minute', which deals with the subject of AIDS, won the Golden Peacock Award for best film at the 48th International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
- Mirabai Chanu became only the second Indian (after Karnam Malleswari) to win the gold medal at the World Weightlifting Championships in Anaheim, USA.
- Abhishek Verma won a gold medal and Jyothi Surekha Vennam a bronze medal at the Asian Archery Championship.
Note Down Points Based on today’s Current Affairs
- National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) is set up by the Union Cabinet in 2017.
- Paytm(Payment Through Mobile) was founded in 2010 and the head quarter of the company is situated in Noida.
- Vijay Sekhar Sharma was the CEO of Paytm Payment Bank.
- The Head quarter of Karnataka Bank is situated in Mangaluru. It was established in 1924.
- M. S Mahabaleswara is the CEO of Karnataka Bank.
- Moscow is the Capital of Russia.
- Vladimir Putin is the President of Russia.
- Tokyo is the Capital of Japan.
- Sinzo Abe is the Prime Minister of Japan.
- Rome is the Capital of Italy.
- Sergio Mattarella is the President of Italy.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) was established in 1911.
- The head quarter of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is situated in Delhi.
- Soumya Swaminathan is the head of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- The head quarter of United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia ans Pacific (UNESCAP) is situated in Bankok, Thailand. It was established in 1947.