Current Affairs One Liners - 16th December 2017
Study all the important Current Affairs from Current Affairs One-liners - 16th December 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates related to Sports, Achievements, Recent Government Schemes which are very important for upcoming IBPS, SSC exams.
- Gurbir S Grewal, the first Sikh-American in US history, to be next attorney general of New Jersey.
- Narinder Batra formally took over as the new president of the Indian Olympic Association after winning elections at the Annual General Meeting.
- Public sector lender Corporation Bank said it has reduced its marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) by 0.1 percentage point for overnight loan maturities.
- Inflation based on the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) accelerated to an eight-month high of 3.93% in November, from 3.59% in October, adding to the string of worrisome economic data released this month.
- Indian diaspora is largest in the world, US remains top destination for migrants: World Migration Report 2018.
- In the latest list released by Forbes, Michael Jordan has been named as the highest-paid athletes of all time.
- Govt raises import duty on electronic items including cellphones, TV to boost Make in India.
- Google opens a research lab on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Beijing, China.
- Mumbai Metro launched a new security app ‘Secucare’, which can be downloaded on Android and IOS platforms, for raising an alarm to ensure passengers’ safety.
- A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed between the Haryana government and the Airports Authority of India (AAI) in New Delhi for development of the International Aviation Hub at Hisar.
- Nokia joins hands with IIT-Delhi to work on analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
- FundsIndia.com, a leading investment platform for mutual funds (MFs) and equities, has partnered with Yes Bank to launch Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on their Android app for MF payments.
- China-sponsored Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has approved a USD 335 million loan for an electric metro project in Bangalore.
- Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar hosted the 4th India-Australia-Japan Trilateral Dialogue with Secretary of Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Australia Ms. Frances Adamson and Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs of Japan Mr. Shinsuke J. Sugiyama, in New Delhi.
- The Eleventh World Trade Organization (WTO) Ministerial Conference (MC11) was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Hyderabad is all set to host the World Telugu Conference (WTC) being organised by the Telangana government with Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurating the five-day event.
- The 14th Inclusive Finance India Summit began in New Delhi to build consensus on strategies and a unified vision for achieving universal financial inclusion in India.
- Jitesh Singh Deo from Lucknow bagged the Mr. India World 2017 title.
- World youth champion Sachin Siwach was named the Asian Boxing Confederation’s best youth boxer of the year after winning an online poll conducted by the continental body.
Note Down Points
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions that can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in note down points.
- Indian Olympic Association was founded in 1927.
- The head quarter of Indian Olympic Association is situated in New Delhi.
- Corporation Bank is a Public Sector Bank having its head quarter in Mangalore.
- Jai Kumar Garg is the CEO of Corporation Bank.
- Michael Jordan was a professional Basketball player of US.
- Beijing is the Capital of China.
- Xi Jinping is the President of China.
- Sundar Pichai is the CEO of Google.
- Rajeev Suri is the CEO of Nokia.
- The head quarter of Yes Bank is situated in Mumbai.
- Rana Kapoor is the CEO of Yes Bank.
- The headquarter of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is situated in Beijing, China.
- Jin Liqun is the President of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- World Trade Organization (WTO) was founded in 1st January, 1995.
- The head quarter of WTO is situated in Geneva, Switzerland.