Current Affairs One Liner - 7th December 2017
Study all the important Current Affairs from Current Affairs One-liners - 7th December 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates related to Sports, Achievements, Recent Government Schemes which are very important for IBPS exams.
- The six-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) kept the short-term lending rate, also known as repo rate, unchanged at 6 per cent in its fifth bi-monthly policy review of the ongoing fiscal year.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) rationalizes Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) to boost debit card transactions.
- Mohammed bin Salman, the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, has won TIME’s Person of the Year 2017 online reader poll, earning more votes than other world leaders, industry titans, entertainers and activists.
- India’s global initiative, the International Solar Alliance (ISA), which aims at increasing solar energy deployment in member countries, will become a treaty-based international intergovernmental organization.
- Modi emerges as ‘most tweeted about world leader’ after Trump.
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar will promote the government's flagship agriculture schemes like soil health card and crop insurance.
- Russia’s Olympic team has been barred from the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- President Trump formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel reversing nearly seven decades of American foreign policy and setting in motion a plan to move the United States Embassy from Tel Aviv to the fiercely contested Holy City.
- The Surface to Air Missile AKASH with indigenous radio frequency seeker against target Banshee, has been successfully launched from the Launch Complex-III at ITR Chandipur .
- Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh will be promoting a UNICEF sports initiative for youngsters in South Asia, "Power of Sports to Shape the Future of Adolescents".
- The 3rd edition of the Dialogue between the NITI Aayog and the Development Research Council of China, the DRC- NITI Aayog Dialogue was held in Beijing.
- India beat Nepal 3-0 to lift South Asian badminton title.
- Nepal will hold an international conference to draw attention on climate change and its adverse effects on people in the Hindu Kush mountain range.
Note Down Points
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions that can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in note down points.
- The RBI was founded in April 1, 1935.
- Urjit Patel is the current Governor of RBI.
- The head Quarter of RBI is situated in Mumbai.
- Riyadh is the capital of Saudi Arabia.
- H.E. Upendra Tripathy is the head of International Solar Alliance.
- The International Solar Alliance was founded by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Paris.
- Moscow is the Capital of Russia.
- Donald Trump is the President of US.
- UNICEF stands for United Nations Children's Fund.
- Anthony Lake is the CEO of UNICEF.
- It was founded in 1946 by Herbert Hoover and Maurice Pate.
- The head quarter of UNICEF is situated at New York City.
- Tirich Mir is the highest peak of Hindukush Mountain Range.