UMANG App - Important Highlights & Key Points
The Narendra Modi government is all set to launch a master application, which is being hailed as ‘Mother of all App’. The app, UMANG will consolidate 200+ services offered by Central, State and Local administrations under one single platform. The Modi government has invited bids from partner agencies to develop an app that will incorporates services like applying for a passport, filing income-tax returns and paying various bills or to access any other government services to just one mobile app.
“Everyone is carrying a smartphone and using the internet on mobile. So we want to provide services wherever the citizens are,” an official said.
What is UMANG ?
UMANG stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. The project is being developed by the union ministry of communications and information technology’s national e-governance division (NeGD).
What will UMANG do?
Some of the services which will be available under UMANG are, National scholarship, Healthcare applications, Passport Seva, Women Safety (Nirbhaya), E-Post, Crime and criminal tracking, Network and systems, Commercial tax/GST, Income tax, CBSE/State education boards, E-Municipality, IRCTC, Utility bills, Mother and child tracking, Public distribution system, Transport Vahan/Sarathi, e-Court, m-Kisan, Land records, PF/NPS. The government plans to have at least 50 service this year and gradually scale up to 200 in three years.
How will it work?
The platform will be designed in such a manner that it would be capable of maintaining or remembering citizen personal details, preferences and data required to access department services without the user having to re-enter every time. Key identification documents like Aadhar Card, PayGov and DigiLocker shall also be included within this platform.
How to access?
The government aims to make the app available to anyone using a smartphone and internet. There is also a proposal that all these services should be made available on SMS and a single toll-free number for those not having smartphone . The app can be accessed 13 languages including English.
Services available on UMANG App:
- AADHAR application and status
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) details
- Annapurna Krishi Prassar Seva (AKPS) for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana farmers
- Bharat BillPay Gas, Water, Electricity Bill Payments
- Bharat Gas registrations and bookings
- CBSC updates and notifications
- CPGRAMS a online grievances system
- CRPF services
- DigiSevak freelance jobs from government organizations
- Director of Marketing & Inspections services
- Gujarat e-Dhara Land Records services
- eMigrate safe employment services abroad
- eRahi, Extension Reforms
- Farm Mechanization, Goods and Service Tax Networks
- HP Gas bookings and registrations, Indane Gas bookings and registrations
- Jeevan Praman life certificate services
- Kendriya Vidhyalaya Sangathan, Kisan Suvidha services
- m4agriNEI advisory services for farmers in Meghalaya
- Ministry of Petroleum Gas Services, My Pan services
- National Scholarship Portal services
- NDMC services
- NPS pension services
- OJAS online job application system
- ORS online registration system for govt hospitals
- Pariwahan Seva (Sarathi / Vahan)
- Passport Seva
- Pay Income Tax
- Pensioner`s portal
- Pharma Sahi Daam
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana services
- Revenue Services Gujarat
- SARAL citizen services from Haryana
- Soil Health Card services etc.
Highlights of the UMANG App:
- Unified citizen services app
- Citizen services from all the state departments will be available in one unified dashboard, on your finger tips
- UMANG provides ease of access to various government services via website, Android app, iOS app and Windows app
- 4 states, 33 departments and 162 services are on-boarded so far
- Seamless integration with popular customer centric services AADHAR, PayGov and DigiLocker
- Dedicated customer support between 8 AM to 8 PM for any citizen issues