Current Affairs One Liners - 21st November 2017
You can easily follow all the important Current Affairs of today from Current Affairs One-liners - 21st November 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates and is very important for your upcoming examination.
- The “Qaumi Ekta Week” (National Integration Week) will be observed all over the country, from the 19th to 25th November, 2017.
- World Fisheries Day is celebrated on 21st November 2017. The theme of the year is “2022 Ka Hai Sapna … Kisan Ki Aay Ho Dugna - Sankalp Se Siddhi”.
- India has moved up one position to 126th in terms of per capita GDP of countries while Qatar remains the world’s richest on this parameter, as per International Monetary Fund (IMF) data.
- Actor Trisha Krishnan is the first actor from South India to be bestowed with the UNICEF celebrity advocate status.
- Scientists have discovered a new species of parasitic flowering plant named Gleadovia konyakianorum which was identified during a botanical exploration earlier this year near Tobu town of Mon district in eastern Nagaland.
- NASA launches Joint Polar Satellite System 1 (JPSS-1), the First-of-Its-Kind Satellite Launches to Track Earth's Weather like Never Before.
- The 42nd World Congress of the International Committee of Military Medicine (ICMM) organized by the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) under the aegis of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) began at Delhi. The theme of this 42nd World Congress is “Military Medicine in Transition: Looking Ahead.”
- Women's Youth World Boxing Championship begins in Guwahati on Sunday. In AIBA women youth boxing championship being held in Guwahati , Indian pugilists will start their campaign .
- The UNFCCC Climate Change Conference (COP23) was held in Bonn, Germany where It was concluded with countries putting in place a road map for ‘Talanoa Dialogue’, a year-long process to assess countries’ progress on climate actions.
- The Indian National Bar Association (INBA) in collaboration with the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, and the Centre for Trade and Investment Law (CTIL), Indian Institute of Foreign Trade organized the ‘Bar Leadership Summit on Reforms in the Indian Legal Sector’ in New Delhi recently.
- Grigor Dimitrov beats David Goffin in three sets to secure first ATP World Tour Finals title.
- Delhi Half Marathon: Ethiopians Almaz Ayana, Berhanu Legese win women's and men's event.
- Jana Novotna, former Wimbledon tennis champion, dies aged 49.
- Senior Congress leader Priya Ranjan Das Munshi, who was in a coma since 2008, passed away on Monday.
Note Down Points
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions which can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in the note down points.
- NASA stands for National Aeronautics and Space Administration. It is a government agency of US which was created by Congress in 1958.
- Christine Lagarde is the CEO of IMF.
- UNICEF stands for the United Nations Children's Fund.
- The headquarter of UNICEF is situated in New York City and it provides developmental and humanitarian assistance to children and mothers in developing countries.
- Anthony Lake is the CEO of UNICEF.