Current Affairs One Liners - 24th November 2017
You can easily write down all the important Current Affairs of today from Current Affairs One-liners - 24th November 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates related to Sports, Achievements, Recent Government Schemes which are very important for IBPS exams.
- Emmerson Mnangagwa set to be sworn in as new Zimbabwe president.
- The Shanghai-based Brics New Development Bank (NDB) has approved two infrastructure and sustainable development projects in India and Russia with loans of 400 million dollar.
- President Ram Nath Kovind gave his assent to the Ordinance approved by the Union Cabinet to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) to strengthen the regime.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for continuation of the scheme on Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) for another three financial years (FYs 2017-18 to 2019-20) and providing Grants-in-aid of Rs.18 crore to the Institute. It will make the Institute self-sustainable by the end of FY 2019-20.
- The central government's decision to set up a seven-member committee to overhaul Direct Tax Code (DTC) - shelved by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley may simplify the taxation slabs and reduce rates.
- Shubhangi Swaroop becomes Indian Navy’s first woman pilot. She will be flying flying Maritime Reconnaissance aircraft.
- India successfully launched the world’s fastest supersonic cruise missile from a Sukhoi-30 warplane for the first time from the Kalaikunda air base in West Bengal to launch the weapon against a decommissioned boat in the Bay of Bengal.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi formally launched UMANG, a state and central government services app for any kind of government and payment services.
- Rajasthan’s Higher and Technical Education minister Kiran Maheshwari launched ‘Dishari’ -- an educational mobile application that provides free study materials for youths preparing for competitive examinations.
- Social networking giant Facebook said it expects to train about five lakh people in India on digital skills by 2020 and has unveiled two programs - Facebook Digital Training and Facebook Startup Training Hubs - designed for individuals and start-ups.
- The government approved signing of an agreement between India and the Philippines on cooperation and mutual assistance in customs matters.
- During the International Fraud Awareness week, Axis Bank in association with Mumbai Police has launched its latest campaign #MuhPeTaala to promote safe banking to raise awareness about how to keep oneself safe from falling prey to fraudulent calls asking information such as pin code, CVV, OTP etc.
- President Ram Nath Kovind flags off North East Development Summit in Manipur aimed at “building confidence” and altering the “perception” among visiting delegates and investors.
- Eleven Pacific Island countries will participate in a multi-State mega mock exercise on tsunami preparedness, which is being conducted by the Ministry of Home Affairs through National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS).
Note Down Points
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions which can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in the note down points.
- The head Quarter of New Development Bank is situated in Shanghai, China. It is also referred as the BRICS Development Bank.
- The President of New Development Bank is K. V Kamath.
- Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs is an autonomous Institute situated at Gurugram which works under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- The MD and CEO of Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs is Gyaneshwar Kumar Singh.
- The newly launched mobile App UMANG stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance.
- The Chief Minister of Rajasthan is Smt. Basundhara Raje.
- The tsunami or tidal wave is known as the seismic sea wave. It is the series of waves in the water body caused by displacement of large volume of water, generally in a large lake or an ocean.