Current Affairs One Liners 23rd November 2017
You can easily write down all the important Current Affairs of today from Current Affairs One-liners - 23rd November 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates and is very important for your examination.
- The Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry appointed Ira Joshi as the director general (DG) of Doordarshan News, a post which has been vacant ever since former DG Veena Jain retired earlier in August.
- Andhra Bank launched a new scheme "Pattabhi Sitaramayya — Self Business Group" (PS-SBG) for self-help groups (SHGs) to encourage entrepreneurship. It has been introduced to commemorate the 138th birth anniversary of its founder Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya, and the Silver Jubilee of the SHG-Bank linkage program in the country.
- The India Index Services & Products Limited (IISL), an NSE group company, launched the Nifty SME EMERGE Index that represents 62 per cent of full market capitalization of all SMEs listed on NSE's SME platform.
- The annual IMD World Talent Ranking states that India has improved its ranking by three notches to 51 globally in terms of ability to attract develop and retain talent while Switzerland topped the list.
- India becomes second largest fish producing country in the world: Shri Radha Mohan Singh.
- Committed to make India a cashless economy and enhance digital acceptance, Mastercard on Tuesday announced its tie-up with technology company Mswipe to launch Asia's first digital merchant on boarding solution.
- The Federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India in partnership with MSD for Mothers, MacArthur Foundation and Jhpiego (an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University), launched 'Manyata' - a nationwide movement urging the need for quality care for mothers during and immediately after childbirth when risks of life-threatening complications are the highest.
- Haryana Government’s New Scheme Offers Domestic Power Connections on EMI.
- U.S. President Donald Trump spoke on Tuesday with Russian President Vladimir Putin and the two leaders stressed the importance of the U.N.-led peace process in resolving the Syrian civil war, the White House said in a statement.
- ISRO Satellite Centre Director Mylswamy Annadurai recently revealed the space agency's plans to launch 'Aditya-L1', the first Indian mission to study the Sun, by the year 2020.
- NASA has completed the first test of its Mars 2020 mission's parachute-testing series and the Advanced Supersonic Parachute Inflation Research Experiment (ASPIRE).
- China today launched three remote sensing satellites -Jilin-1 04, Jilin-1 05 and Jilin-1 06 -- designed to improve observation capability to promote commercial use for the remote sensing industry.
- In a major milestone, the Brahmos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test fired for the first time from the Indian Air Force’s frontline Sukhoi-30 MKI combat jet, significantly bolstering the country’s aerial prowess.
- A two-day conference of all Commanders of Eastern Air Command commenced on Tuesday at Shillong, where issues pertaining to security are being discussed. Air Force Station, Chabua was awarded the 'Pride of EAC' Trophy, for standing best in overall performance and Air Force Station, Laitkor Peak was awarded the 'Best Non-Flying Station'.
- Shri J P Nadda inaugurates ‘1st World Conference on Access to Medical Products and International Laws for Trade and Health in the Context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development’ .
- A total of 51 countries will participate in the 13th Asia-Europe Foreign Ministers' Meeting, opening on Monday in Myanmar's capital city of Nay Pyi Taw.
- Indian women Boxers started their campaign on a winning note in the opening bouts at the AIBA Women's Youth World Boxing Championships at Guwahati after Astha Pahwa entered quarterfinals while Shashi Chopra made the last-16 stage.
Note Down Points
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions which can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in the note down points.
- Smriti Irani is the Cabinet Minister of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) of India.
- Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore is the Minister of State of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) of India.
- Andhra Bank is a Public Sector Bank head quartered in Hyderabad.
- Suresh N Patel is CEO of Andhra Bank.
- Shri Radha Mohan Singh is the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare.
- The Head Quarter of ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) is situated in Hyderabad.
- NASA stands for National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- The Head quarter of NASA is situated in Washington D.C.
- J. P Nadda is the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare.
- Aung San Suu Kyi is the State Counselor of Myanmar.