Sankalp Se Siddhi - An Oath for Attainment
Important Points At a Glance
- It was launched on the 75th anniversary of the Quit India Movement under the initiative of New India Movement.
- The District collectors must work to implement the New India Movement from the grass root level.
- The movement will continue till the 75th anniversary of Independence of India.
- The main motto of the program is to make a Clean, Poverty-free, Corruption-free, Terrorism-free Communalism-free and Casteism-free India.
- Sri Ramalinga Sowdambigai College of Science and Commerce of Coimbatore organized the Program on 12th August to take forward the initiative.
The Government of India has marked the occasion of 75th anniversary of the Quit India Movement to boost the growth of New India. For this purpose, the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi has launched a new initiative known as New India Movement for the time period of 2017-2022. The theme of the New India Movement for 2017 is “Sankalp Se Siddhi- the Attainment through Resolve”. The aim of the movement is to take an oath for making a new India which would be free from corruption, poverty and all other negative aspects.
Features of the Sankalp Se Siddhi Program-
- The Prime Minister of India addressed the collectors of all the districts of India to start the New India Movement from the grass root level.
- The movement was started on the occasion of 75th anniversary of the Quit India movement as the date represents the ambition and will power of the youth of India. The movement will continue till the 75th anniversary of Independence of India (15th August, 2022).
- Under this program, the representatives of every district must set a goal for the betterment of their respective districts.
- Within the stipulated period, every deficiency of a particular state must be resolved and the necessary services must be provided to the districts.
- The districts in which there is a huge scarcity of water, electricity, health and education, the respective authority will work hard by considering it as a mission.
- The District Collectors must prepare a Vision or Resolution Document with the help of intellectuals, colleagues and students of the state and should work accordingly to that to achieve the goal in 2022.
- The detailed information and activities about the Sankalp Se Siddhi Program will be available from the website www.newindia.in.
- Under this program, the District Collectors would create awareness among the people regarding the LED Bulbs, BHIM Apps, Swachchh Bharat Abhiyan and must encourage public participation in these activities. As well as, the benefits of GST must be discussed by them to traders of the rural area.
- The Collectors must work to make the lives of the poor better by solving their problems.
Objectives of the Sankalp Se Siddhi Program-
- To take an oath to make a Clean India.
- To take an oath to make Poverty-Free India.
- To take an oath to make Corruption-Free India.
- To take an oath to make Terrorism-Free India.
- To take an oath to make Communalism-Free India.
- To take an oath to make Casteism-Free India.
Sri Ramalinga Sowdambigai College of Science and Commerce of Coimbatore organized the Sankalp Se Siddhi Program to take the New India Initiative forward in the presence of the Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Dr. Mahesh Sharma. According to him, there is an urgent need to rebuild and transform India by a common oath for the positive transformation taken by the people of the country. All the participants in the program also took the oath to make a better India in every aspect.