Important Organisations and Their Activities for SSC Exams
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development. Established in 1982, 12 July.
- Total money of NABARD is 100 corer and among this the share in between of INDIA government and RBI is 50:50.
- 99% Share consists in India.
- Head office in Mumbai.
- Main aim to supply Economic Development in Agriculture and Rural area.
- RBI act passed in 1934.
- By the Spares of Hilton Young Commission set up RBI in 1935, 1st April.
- Osborn Smith was the 1st governor of RBI.
- In 1949-RBI Nationalised and 1st Indian Governor C.D.Desmukh.
- Head quarter in Mumbai.
- Present Governor- Urjit Patel.
- Except one Rupee note (Issued by Central Finance Dept.) 5, 10, 20 and more than this Rupees notes are issued by RBI.
- Monetary Policy finding and control by RBI.
- Food and Agriculture Organisation established in 1996.
- Headquarter in Rome.
- Food Securities means when all people at all times have social and economic access to Nutrition and sufficient safe to meet their needs for an active and healthy life.
- There are different type of actions was taken in India like – 1. Public Distribution system. 2. National Food Security act in 2013.
- Securities and EXCHNGE Board of India established on 12th April, 1988.
- SEBI set up as an irregularity organisation which main aim to cleanness in Security Market and Insider Trading. In 1992, 30 January its became a regularity organisation and giving more power.
- Headquarters in Mumbai and other three state offices in Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi.
- It has 6 members among them 1 member as a Chairmen is selected by Central Government.
- International Monetary Fund set up on 1st March in 1947.
- Headquarter in Washington D.C. Present member 184.
- Main aims are 1. International Economic development and balancing International business. 2. Stability in Exchange rate. 3. Multilateral Payments among related membership countries. 4. Reduce Balance of Payments.
- World Bank established on June in 1946 by IBRD (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development) and it’s Partnership Organisation.
- Five organisation consists with World Bank are 1. IBRD (member’s no-189). 2. International Development Association (IDA-in 1960). 3. International Finance Corporation (IFC- in 1956) 4.Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA). 5. International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
- IMF and World Bank are called twins in Breton Wood Conference.
- World Trade Organisation started its work on 1st January, 1995 replacement of GATT (General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade – worked from 1948 as an International Business Controller).
- Headquarter in Geneva.
- Present mebers-164 and Director General – Roberto Egivedo.
- Asian Development Bank established in 1966.Main aim to development Asia and Prasanta Oceanic area.
- Headquarters at Manila in Fillipins.
- World Wide Fund for nature. Its works on reservation and reconstruction of Environmental related things and set up 130 environment conservation.
- Indian Farmer Fertiliser Co-Operative Limited set up in 3rd November, 1967.
- Headquarters in Delhi.
- Main aim to control and check quality of fertilisation in all world Fertilise organisations.
- United Nations Children’s Fund established on 11th December, 1946.
- Headquarters New York.
- It was awarded by Nobel Prize in 1965.
- Main focus development Children and Mother’s Food and Health services.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation is a special and famous organisation in United Nations.
- Headquarters in Paris.
- Main aim to correction world Reduction, Science and Culture development and also Conservation of Heritage sight of whole world.
Asian Pacific Economic Forum set up in 1989 at Singapore.