CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE FOR UPCOMING EXAMS
Study the Daily Current Affairs Update from Achieversrule.com and stay updated and prepared for your upcoming exams.You can also test your Daily Current Affairs Preparation through our Daily Current Affairs Quiz.Regularly go through these updates and be prepared for the one of the most important sections of competitive exams.
12th G20 summit hosted in Hamburg,Germany.
- Germany Chancellor Angela Merkel has hosted the 12th G20 summit.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi met top leaders of the world- including US President Donald Trump, Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May and Chinese President Xi Jinping at G20 Summit.
- The G20 (or G-20 or Group of Twenty)founded in 1999 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 20 major economies. Currently, these are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, and the European Union.
- The G20 aims to discuss policy issues pertaining to the promotion of international financial stability. It seeks to address issues that go beyond the responsibilities of any one organization.
More than 122 countries have approved first ever treaty to ban nuclear weapons.
- A global treaty banning nuclear weapons was adopted at the United Nations on Friday despite opposition from the United States, Britain, France and other nuclear powers that boycotted negotiations.
- The treaty was adopted by a vote of 122 in favour with one country—NATO member The Netherlands voting against—while Singapore abstained.
- Loud applause and cheers broke out in the UN conference hall following the vote that capped three weeks of negotiations on the text providing for a total ban on developing, stockpiling or threatening to use nuclear weapons.
The Union Government has launched a new mobile application'GST Rate Finder' to check GST rates.
- The Union Government on Friday launched an app called GST Rate Finder-- which as the name suggests is your ready reckoner for all the tax rates that are to be levied under the GST (Goods and Services Tax) regime. The app has been developed by the Central Board of Excise and Custom (CBEC).
- A student scientist connect programme ‘JIGYASA’ has been launched.
Jigyasa, a student- scientist connect programme was officially launched in the national capital Delhi.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), has joined hands with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) to implement this programme. The focus is on connecting school students and scientists so as to extend student’s classroom learning with that of a very well planned research laboratory based learning.
- Memorandum of Understanding signing ceremony was held in the presence of Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences, Environment, Forests and Climate Change and Shri Prakash Javadekar, Minister of Human Resource Development.
Mr. Guruswamy Jayaraman, the India origin man awarded Australia’s highest civilian award.
- Guruswamy Jayraman, a 69-year-old Glenwood resident who migrated from Delhi to Australia in 1991, has been awarded Order of Australia for community work, the highest civilian award in Australia.
- He works as a senior accountant with Woollahra Municipal Council for a living and has been devoting most of his spare time in community work for the last 25 years.
- He has represented various community organisations like Auburn Diversity Services as chair, Hindu Council of Australia as treasurer, Sri Om Adi Sakhi Ashram - a non-for-profit health support system for the elderly, and the community volunteering organisation - Sewa International Australia, among others.
Maximum Retail Price of packaged goods will be the sole price decider from January1,2018.
- The Consumer Affairs Ministry has amended the rules that governed that the package products will sold solely on MRP from January 1,2018.
- As per the amended Legal Metrology rules for packaged commodities, which will come into effect from the next calendar year, the Centre has clarified that the retail sale price shall be the maximum retail price (MRP) inclusive of all taxes, with the provision to round off the price to the nearest rupee or 50 paise.
- Further, to curb the possibility of any vendor charging differential prices for the same product, a new legal provision has been inserted that no person shall declare different MRPs on an identical pre-packed commodity.
Ahmedabad has become India’s first World Heritage city.
- The 606-year-old walled city of Ahmedabad, which was founded by emperor Ahmed Shah, has become India’s first World Heritage City.
- The World Heritage Committee (WHC) of UNESCO announced it on Twitter on Saturday after a meeting in Krakwo, Poland.
- Spread over 5.43 sq km, the walled city of Ahmedabad was preferred over Mumbai and Delhi during the nominations last year. With a population of 3.75 to 4 lakh, the city’s living heritage being the 600 odd ‘pols’ or neighbourhoods with clusters of centuries-old residences.
Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance ties up with Dhanlaxmi Bank for marketing bancassurance.
- Private life insurance company Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance has entered into an alliance with the Kerala based Dhanlaxmi Bank for marketing various life insurance products.
- As part of the agreement, the Bank will be a corporate agent for 3 years; however, both aim to continue this relationship for long term.
- Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance is offering products catering to multiple customer needs spanning across retirement accumulation and guaranteed lifetime income, savings for child education, comprehensive protection through online and offline plans, savings for multiple needs through guaranteed endowment, and customized investment solution for high net worth individuals.
The Reserve bank of India allows NBFCs to offer new pension scheme.
- RBI has allowed the systematically important non banking finance companies to sell and market the new pension scheme.
India and Bangladesh to construct bridge along Mizoram border.
- India and Bangladesh have decided to construct a bridge over Mizoram’s Khawthlangtuipui river to facilitate trade and improve communication between the two neighbours.
Harinder Sandhu wins South Australian Open title.
- India’s Harinder Pal Sandhu beat Rhys Dowling of Australia 11-8 12-10 11-4 in the final to lift South Australian Open squash title, on Saturday.
Chhattisgarh has made it to the top of the list of states in issuance of soil health cards.
- Chhattisgarh has topped the list among all the states in the country for having issued over 43 lakh soil health cards (SHCs) to farmers in the past two years, a state minister informed at Raipur on Thursday.