Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar - A Self-Employment Initiative
The State Government of Punjab has launched a new scheme to provide the facility of self-employment to the youths of the state. The scheme is named as “Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar” scheme. Under the scheme, the state Govt. will provide financial assistance to purchase commercial two-wheeler and four-wheeler vehicles. The Chief Minister of Punjab Captain Amarindar Singh has announced the launch of the scheme at an event where he flagged off more than 100 Uber MOTO bikes.
Objectives of the Scheme-
- To provide an opportunity to earn to the jobless youths of the state.
- To provide financial assistance to buy commercial vehicles to the youth to make them independent.
- To provide last minute connectivity by increasing the number of vehicles along with employment opportunities.
- To encourage small entrepreneurship and create economic opportunities for the youth in the state.
Features of the Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Scheme-
- Under this scheme, the State Govt. will provide Taxi to the unemployed youths at a subsidized rate.
- No collateral would be required for the loan under the scheme to purchase the taxi.
- Total 1 Lakh Taxi and other light commercial vehicles are provided.
- The interested youth can take the loan at a subsidized rate and buy the vehicles. They have to repay the loan amount within 5 years after taking the loan.
- The Taxis and other commercial vehicles, which are provided to the youth, would work under the Brand of Ola and Uber. These two largest taxi operators have tied up an agreement with the State Govt . of Punjab.
- According to Uber, the cost of transportation by the launch of this scheme must be pocket friendly and the common people can avail the services easily.
Initiatives Taken by the Punjab Govt.-
- The Govt. has planned to implement the scheme in 22 districts of Punjab.
- The memorandum of the scheme must be provided to the Department of transport of every district. The transport offices of the district would be reconstructed to implement the scheme properly.
- Govt. has also assured that the allocation of permits would be done through a completely transparent process and only one vehicle can run against one permit.
- Two web portals are launched by the Govt. for the smooth processing of the application and permition. These two portals are named as VAAHAN and SAARTHI.
- SAARTHI- This online portal, which is launched under the e-Governance, would be utilized for accepting the applications for license.
- VAAHAN- This online portal launched under the e-Governance is made for the vehicles. The commercial vehicles must be registered under this scheme.
- A transport policy is also drafted for the purpose of the scheme.
- The designed policy would ensure that the necessary permits are given to the unemployed youth through a simple process to make the purpose of the scheme to be successful. The RTA offices situated at Bhatinda, Patiala, Ferozepur and Ludhiana would get an overhaul.
The Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar Scheme is expected to be popular to the jobless youths of Punjab as it provides the job opportunity to them along with dignity.