Word List For Upcoming Competition Exams 2017
- Meaning in Hindi - आकर्षण, उद्यम , उप-व्यवसाय, उपव्यवसाय , कार्य, धन्धा, पेशा
- Meaning in English - work you do in addition to your main job or profession, especially for enjoyment:
- Meaningful Sentence - She's a real-estate developer who describes her consultancy business as "a part-time avocation."
- Synonyms - pastime,amusement, diversion, kick, occupation, recreation, schtick, shot, sideline
- Antonyms - boredom, work, profession, vocation
- Meaning in Hindi - उत्सव-सम्बन्धी, खुशनुमा, खुशी का, उत्सव-संबंधी
- Meaning in English - friendly and making you feel happy and welcome:
- Meaningful Sentence - If you cannot be convivial, then you should not invite people over for dinner.
- Synonyms - cheerful, clubby, festive, genial, hearty, jolly, jovial
- Antonyms - sad, unfriendly, unhappy, blah, dull, serious, solemn
- Meaning in Hindi - संचयी, जुड़ने वाला, बढ़ता हुआ
- Meaning in English - increasing by one addition after another:
- Meaningful Sentence - The cumulative effect of using so many chemicals on the land could be disastrous.
- Synonyms - aggregate, increasing, accumulative, additive, additory, advancing, amassed, augmenting
- Antonyms - decreasing, subtracting
- Meaning in Hindi - तोड़ना, बाधा डालना, न मानना, अतिलंघन करना, उल्लंघन करना, अतिक्रमण करना
- Meaning in English - to break a rule, law, etc.:
- Meaningful Sentence - They infringed building regulations.
- Synonyms - lift, crash, break, borrow, trespass, infract
- Antonyms - give, obey, receive, comply, discharge, observe
- Meaning in Hindi - कपट, छल, छल-कपट, दुरंगीपन, दुरंगापन
- Meaning in English - dishonest talk or behaviour, especially by saying different things to two people:
- Meaningful Sentence - They were accused of duplicity in their dealings with both sides.
- Synonyms - artifice, chicanery, deceit, dishonesty, falsehood, hypocrisy, cunning
- Antonyms - forthrightness, frankness, honesty, openness, sincerity, truth, truthfulness
- Meaning in Hindi - बुरा, जो बुरा लगे, डाह या हसद पैदा करने वाला, अपमानजनक, द्वेषजनक
- Meaning in English - likely to cause unhappiness or be unpleasant, especially because it is unfair:
- Meaningful Sentence - Such a difficult choice placed her in an invidious position.
- Synonyms - calumnious,defamatory,detestable,detracting,detractive,detractory,discriminatory
- Antonyms - delightful, likeable, lovable
- Meaning in Hindi - उकतानेवाला, परेशान करनेवाला, दस्तंदाज़, तंग करनेवाला, थकनेवाला
- Meaning in English - too eager to tell people what to do and having too high an opinion of your own importance:
- Meaningful Sentence - He's an officious little man and widely disliked in the company.
- Synonyms - rude, pushy, busy, forward, intrusive
- Antonyms - modest, shy, timid
- Meaning in Hindi - पीड़ा हटानेवाली औषधि, प्रशामक उपचार, पीड़ाहर, दर्द हटानेवाली औषधि
- Meaning in English - something that makes a problem seem less serious but does not solve the problem or make it disappear:
- Meaningful Sentence - We want long-term solutions, not short-term palliatives.
- Synonyms - alky, booze, drink, smoke, liquor, hootch
- Meaning in Hindi - अधिकार, प्रधानता, प्रभाव, प्रभुता, प्रभुत्व , बस , सर्वाधिकार
- Meaning in English - a position of power, strength, or success:
- Meaningful Sentence - Supporters of the proposal are currently in the ascendancy over its opponents (= are more powerful than them).
- Synonyms - jump, edge, control, rule, reign, sway
- Antonyms - disadvantage, inferiority, powerlessness, subordination, subservience, weakness
- Meaning in Hindi - अग्रता, उत्कृष्टता, ज्येष्ठता, पूर्वता, प्रथमता, प्रधानता
- Meaning in English - something that is very important and must be dealt with before other things:
- Meaningful Sentence - The management did not seem to consider office safety to be a priority.
- Synonyms - lead, order, rank, preference, crash project
- Antonyms - inferiority, last, subserviencev