Vocabulary For Upcoming SSC And Banking Exams - 41
- Meaning in Hindi - अवस्था सुधारना, सुधारना, ईश्वर की ओर लौ लगाना, द्विज करना, धर्मानुसार आचरण ग्रहण करना, पुनर्जन्म देना, फिर पैदा करना
- Meaning in English - to improve a place or system, especially by making it more active or successful
- Meaningful Sentence - The mixture of calcium and lead carbonates is filtered off and roasted at a low red heat in order to regenerate the calcium plumbate.
- Synonyms - refresh, inspirit, change, revive, renew, renovate, dead
- Antonyms - destroy, kill, ruin, damage
- Meaning in Hindi - कमजोरी, कमी, कसर, त्रुटि , दोष , लघु परिपथ
- Meaning in English - a fault or a failure to reach a particular standard:
- Meaningful Sentence - Whatever his shortcomings as a husband, he was a good father to his children.
- Synonyms - lack, defect, flaw, fault, frailty, bug, catch, sin, lapse, weakness
- Antonyms - advantage, benefit, enough, extra, perfection, plenty, strength, strong point
- Meaning in Hindi - कटु, कसैला, चरपरा, तीक्ष्ण, तीखा, तेज, दिलचस्प, नोकदार
- Meaning in English - A pungent smell or taste is very strong, sometimes unpleasantly strong:
- Meaningful Sentence - I sat down to a cup of wonderfully pungent Turkish coffee.
- Synonyms - irritant, biting, plercing, tart
- Antonyms - tasty
- Meaning in Hindi - अनंतरता, नजदीकी, निकटता , सान्निध्य , सामीप्य
- Meaning in English - the state of being near in space or time:
- Meaningful Sentence - The best thing about the location of the house is its proximity to the town centre.
- Synonyms - closeness, adjacency, contiguity, immediacy, concurrence
- Antonyms - distance, remoteness
- Meaning in Hindi - अधोमुख, औंधा, खड़ा, खड़ा, त्वरित, परिशुद्ध, यर्थाथ, शीघ्र, सही, सीधा
- Meaning in English - If a reduction or increase is precipitous, it is fast or great:
- Meaningful Sentence - Over the past 18 months, there has been a precipitous fall in car sales.
- Synonyms - abrupt, sharp, dizzy, high, sheer, craggy, arduous
- Antonyms - calm, flat, kind, nice, gradual
- Meaning in Hindi - जल्दी ला देना, वेग से नीचे को गिराना, पेंदी में बैठ जाना, मारना, ठोस होना
- Meaning in English - to make something happen suddenly or sooner than expected:
- Meaningful Sentence - An invasion would certainly precipitate a political crisis.
- Synonyms - throw, press, hurl, cast, trigger, hasten, fling
- Antonyms - block, check, halt, hinder, stop, catch, cease, hold
- Meaning in Hindi - जनमत, जनमत-संग्रह, जनसाधारण, लोक-मत-संग्रह
- Meaning in English - a referendum
- Meaningful Sentence - After the votes in the plebiscite were counted, the city manager announced a new school would be built.
- Synonyms - election, poll, polling, referendum, slate, tally, ticket
- Meaning in Hindi - पागल, नसों का, नसों के विकार से पीड़ित, नसों पर प्रभाव डालने वाला, तंत्रिका रोग से ग्रस्त, न्युरोटिक
- Meaning in English - behaving strangely or in an anxious (= worried and nervous) way, often because you have a mental illness:
- Meaningful Sentence - She's neurotic about her weight - she weighs herself three times a day.
- Synonyms - erratic, upset, manic, hung up, wired, anxious, hysteric
- Antonyms - normal, adjusted, balanced, sane, stable
- Meaning in Hindi - आनुशंगिक, पास-पास, लगे-लगे, समानान्तर, सहायक, एक ही पूर्वज का, साथ-साथ का
- Meaning in English - common ancestor but through different lines
- Meaningful Sentence - She used/put up her house as collateral for a loan.
- Synonyms - ancillary, lateral, parallel, added, auxiliary
- Antonyms - independent, major, necessary, unrelated, direct, main, primary, principal
- Meaning in Hindi - उपयोग, प्रयोजन, प्राप्ति , फल , लाभ , सहायता
- Meaning in English - use, purpose, advantage, or profit:
- Meaningful Sentence - My attempts to improve the situation were of little/no avail.
- Synonyms - account, advantage, applicability, appropriateness, fitness, service, usefulness
- Antonyms - inappropriateness