Vocabulary For Upcoming Competitive Exams - 40
- Meaning in Hindi - बेच डालना, कर्ज़ चुकाना, ऋणमुक्त करना, चुकाना, दबाना, पटाना, बन्द करना, मिटा देना
- Meaning in English - to cause a business to close, so that its assets can be sold to pay its debts
- Meaningful Sentence - The judge ordered the business owner to liquidate in order to pay his liabilities.
- Synonyms - quit, pay off, settle, satisfy, cash in, honor
- Antonyms - remain, stay, take, fail, hold, keep, owe, upset
- Meaning in Hindi - खिचड़ी, घालमेल, मिलावट, मिश्रण, मेल, लड़ाई, भिन्न वस्तुएं
- Meaning in English - a mixture of different things, especially tunes put together to form a longer piece of music:
- Meaningful Sentence - The menu described the dessert as "a medley of exotic fruits".
- Synonyms - farrago, brew, combo, collection, confusion, melee
- Antonyms - order, organization, loneness
- Meaning in Hindi - निष्कपट, भोला, भोला-भाला, सदा, सरल, सरलमति, सीधा
- Meaning in English - too willing to believe that someone is telling the truth, that people's intentions in general are good, or that life is simple and fair. People are often naive because they are young and/or have not had much experience of life:
- Meaningful Sentence - She was very naive to believe that he'd stay with her.
- Synonyms - frank, fresh, jejune, lamb, patsy, plain
- Antonyms - aware, experienced, intelligent, knowledgeable, sophisticated, leery, skeptical, wise
- Meaning in Hindi - टालना, बचना, हटाना, दूर करना, निवारण करना, निराकरण करना, दूर रहना
- Meaning in English - to remove a difficulty, especially so that action to deal with it becomes unnecessary:
- Meaningful Sentence - A peaceful solution would obviate the need to send a UN military force.
- Synonyms - deter, ward, remove, restrain, block, avert, counter, hinder
- Antonyms - support, aid, allow, assist, encourage, help, let go, promote, permit
- Meaning in Hindi - ख़ास, प्रमुख, मुख्य, ख़ास, निकला हुआ, उमड़ा हुआ, दिखाई पड़ता हुआ
- Meaning in English - The salient facts about something or qualities of something are the most important things about them:
- Meaningful Sentence - She began to summarize the salient features/points of the proposal.
- Synonyms - obvious, marked, moving, signal, striking. jutting famous
- Antonyms - unimportant, insignificant, unimpressive, inconspicuous, unnoticeable
- Meaning in Hindi - अनुद्योगशील, आसीन, गतिरहित, गतिहीन, निष्क्रिय, मन्द, सुस्त
- Meaning in English - involving little exercise or physical activity:
- Meaningful Sentence - My doctor says I should start playing sport because my lifestyle is too sedentary.
- Synonyms - inactive, desk, idle, seated, sitting, torpid, stationary
- Antonyms - activated, active, energetic, mobile, moving
- Meaning in Hindi - असावधान, आलसी, गंदा, मैला-कुचैला, लापरवाह
- Meaning in English - untidy and dirty:
- Meaningful Sentence - I'll have to improve my slovenly habits - my mother's coming to stay.
- Synonyms - untidy, slack, pigpen, mussy, frumpy, dingy, icky
- Antonyms - clean, ordered, organized
- Meaning in Hindi - शिष्ट, सुशील, सौम्य, चुपके से दिल में जगह करनेवाला, चापलूस, मधुर, मनभावना, मीठा
- Meaning in English - A suave man is very polite, pleasant, and usually attractive, often in a way that is slightly false:
- Meaningful Sentence - He's very suave and sophisticated.
- Synonyms - oily, bland, glib, worldly, cordial
- Antonyms - impolite, rude, uncivil, uncivilized
- Meaning in Hindi - कंपकंपी, घबराहट, थरथरी
- Meaning in English - fear or worry about what is going to happen:
- Meaningful Sentence - We view future developments with some trepidation.
- Synonyms - fear, creeps, horror, jitters, alarm, dread
- Antonyms - assurance, beauty, calm, calmness, collectedness
- Meaning in Hindi - आपत्ति, क्लेश , पीड़ा , दारूण दुःख
- Meaning in English - a problem or difficulty
- Meaningful Sentence - Happy are all ye that endure the great tribulation which is to come.
- Synonyms - adversity, grief, misery, sorrow, ordeal, care, curse
- Antonyms - delight, good luck, happiness, joy, advantage, aid, calmness, comfort