Vocabulary For Upcoming Competition ExamsConsign
- Meaning in Hindi - देना, भेजना, सौंपना, अर्पण करना, जला देना, के हवाले कर देना, सुपुर्द करना
- Meaning in English - to send something to someone:
- Meaningful Sentence - The goods have been consigned to you by air.
- Synonyms - send, deliver, appoint, assign, give, issue, ship, route
- Antonyms - import, keep, cease, hold, take, reject
- Meaning in Hindi - नियंत्रण करना, नियंत्रण रखना, वश में रखना, नियंत्रण करना, रोकना, अधीन करना
- Meaning in English - to control or limit something that is not wanted:
- Meaningful Sentence - The government should act to curb tax evasion.
- Synonyms - stop, control,rein, lip, rim, barrier, ledge
- Antonyms - allow, freedom, center, middle, inside
- Meaning in Hindi - चिह्न, प्रतीक , रूप , लक्षण, राज्य-चिह्न
- Meaning in English - a picture of an object that is used to represent a particular person, group, or idea:
- Meaningful Sentence - A rose is the national emblem of England.
- Synonyms - symbol, shape, flag, logo, image, token, type, badge
- Antonyms - shapeless
- Meaning in Hindi - आर्द्र, उत्साहहीन, गीला, जलसिक्त, तर, नम, भीगा
- Meaning in English - slightly wet, especially in a way that is not pleasant or comfortable:
- Meaningful Sentence - The grass is still damp.
- Synonyms - cloudy, dank, dewy, drippy, oozy, sticky
- Antonyms - dry, arid, dried, dessicated, parched
- Meaning in Hindi - काटना, रोकना, बन्द करना, अलग करना, बाधा डालना, बीच में अटकाना, रास्ता बन्द करना
- Meaning in English - to stop and catch something or someone before that thing or person is able to reach a particular place:
- Meaningful Sentence - Law enforcement agents intercepted a shipment of drugs from Central America.
- Synonyms - delink, disconnect, curb, block, arrest, seize, hijack
- Antonyms - connect, forward, abet, reject, give, refuse
- Meaning in Hindi - अंतिमांश, शेष-भाग, अवशेष, आसार, उत्तरजीवी, बचत
- Meaning in English - a small piece or amount of something that is left from a larger original piece or amount:
- Meaningful Sentence - The church of St Bartholomew the Great, Smithfield, is the finest remnant of its period in London.
- Synonyms - vestinge, rest, orts, leavings, shred, portion
- Antonyms - restless, whole,base, lack, core
- Meaning in Hindi - ख़बर, संदेश, संवाद, सन्देश , समाचार
- Meaning in English - information about recent and important events
- Meaningful Sentence - Long before the tidings of the death of Napoleon at St Helena reached her she was living in intimate relations with Neipperg at Parma, and bore a son to him not long after that event.
- Synonyms - news, message, word, dirt, bulletin
- Antonyms - ignorance, quiet, silence
- Meaning in Hindi - छोड़ना, तजना, त्यागना, त्याग देना, छोड़ देना, अलग करना
- Meaning in English - to give up something such as a responsibility or claim:
- Meaningful Sentence - He has relinquished his claim to the throne.
- Synonyms - resign, release, cast, cede, resign, leave
- Antonyms - appointed, hold, keep, remain, take
- Meaning in Hindi - प्रस्तावना , प्राक्कथन, भूमिका , मुखबन्ध, प्रशस्ति
- Meaning in English - an introduction at the beginning of a book explaining its purpose, thanking people who helped the author, etc.:
- Meaningful Sentence - In his preface, the author says that he took eight years to write the book.
- Synonyms - prelude, introduction, explanation, prologue, preamble
- Antonyms - completing, ending, finish, epilogue
- Meaning in Hindi - अधिपति, गुणकारी, ताकतवर, प्रबल, प्रभावकारी, फलप्रद, बलवान
- Meaning in English - very powerful, forceful, or effective:
- Meaningful Sentence - Surprise remains the terrorists' most potent weapon.
- Synonyms - effective, forceful, sturdy, mighty, forcible, useful, strong
- Antonyms - powerless, infirm, soft, inactive