CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This Current Affairs update is comprised of all important headings for our upcoming exams.In this update we will provide it in a short heading with concise elaboration for each and every topic, like National News,Financial News, Appointments, Sports News, Obituaries etc.If any important static takeaways are there we will provide with each headings.
The State government of Tamil Nadu has signed MoU with Union Aviation Ministry
- Towns like Hosur and Neyveli in Tamil Nadu are set to have low-cost flight services in the first phase of implementation of the Centre’s UDAN scheme which seeks to promote regional air connectivity. The state government today signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Civil Aviation Ministry for the implementation the scheme in the presence of Chief Minister K Palaniswami at the secretariat here.
The Union Ministry of AYUSH has inaugurated 2nd National Health Editor's Conference on Yoga.
- The second National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga is inaugurated by Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge), Shri Shripad Yesso Naik at National Media Centre in New Delhi tomorrow. The conference is being organized by Ministy of AYUSH in association with Press Information Bureau (PIB), M/o Information & Broadcasting and Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy (M/o AYUSH) as a part of celebrations of the 3rd International Day of Yoga on 21st June, 2017. The theme of this year’s conference is “Yoga for Health and Harmony”.
- India has signed the OECD multilateral convention that aims to check cross-border tax evasion by multinational companies.
- Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley signed the multilateral convention in Paris to implement tax treaty- related measures to prevent base erosion and profit shifting.
- More than 65 countries, including India, signed the convention. More countries are expected to sign the convention in coming days, a finance ministry statement said.
The Indian American Raja Chari has been selected by NASA for the mission into deep space and Earth orbit
- NASA has chosen 12 new astronauts, including an Indian American nmed Raja Chari, from a record number of over 18,000 applicants, who will be trained for missions into Earth orbit and to deep space.
- Lt Col Raja “Grinder” Chari, 39, is a commander of the 461st Flight Test Squadron and the director of the F-35 Integrated Test Force at Edwards Air Force Base in California.Hailing from Waterloo, Iowa, Chari earned a Master’s degree in aeronautics and astronautics from MIT and graduated from the US Naval Test Pilot School. His father is from India.
Union Health Minister J P Nadda has launched 'Skill for life, save a life' initiative.
- Health minister J P Nadda launched the 'Skill for Life, Save a Life' initiative at a function.
- 'Skills for Life, Save a Life' Initiative' aims to upscale the quantity and quality of trained professionals in the healthcare system. Under this initiative various courses are planned to be initiated targeting specific competencies for healthcare professionals as well as for general public.
B K Manjunath has been appointed as the part time chairman of Laxmi Vilas bank for 3 years
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank on Thursday informed the stock exchange that subsequent to an approval granted by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the Board of Directors of the bank at their meeting have co-opted B K Manjunath as additional director in the category of Non-Executive and Independent Director.
- At its meeting, the board of directors also appointed B K Manjunath as part-time chairman for a tenure of three years.
The Union Ministry of Civil Aviation to roll out ‘DigiYatra’ for air travellers.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation is adding a digital experience for air travellers through DigiYatra platform. The ‘DigiYatra’ is an industry-led initiative co-ordinated by the Ministry in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Digital India’s vision to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society, an official release by the Government of India stated on Thursday.
Axis Bank has become first bank in India to issue biodegradable prepaid gift cards.
- Axis Bank has launched a bio-degradable plastic card, offering its customers a simple way of contributing towards environment-friendly payment solutions.
- The bank, in a statement, said these cards will soon be available on select gift card products and will be acceptable at all domestic merchant outlets and online portals.
- These cards offer customers an electronic option for gifting besides also being used as a reward tool for corporates.
Virat Kohli made it to the top 100 of Forbes List of World’s highest paid athletes.
- Indian cricket team skipper Virat Kohli, 28, has been ranked 89th on the 2017 Forbes list of ‘The World’s highest paid athletes’ with a total pay of 22 million USD that includes USD 3 million from salary and winnings and another 19 million from endorsements.
India’s Ramkumar Ramanathan has lifted ITF(International Tennis federation)Men’s future tennis title.
- Indian player Ramkumar Ramanathan lifted the $15,000 ITF men's Futures tennis title after outplaying Raymond Sarmiento of the USA in straight sets here.
- The top seeded Indian hardly broke a sweat on his way to a 6-2, 6-2 win over the second seeded player from USA in the final of event last night.
The State Government of Madhya Pradesh has launched Farmer’s DebtRelief Scheme.
- Amid violent protests by farmers demanding loan waivers and fair price for their produce, the Madhya Pradesh government on Wednesday launched a new debt relief scheme – Krishi Rin Samadhan Yojana — for farmers. The cabinet also allocated Rs 1,000 crore for the scheme, minister Archana Chitnis was quoted as saying by ANI. She also added that under the scheme, the interest rate on loans would be less, which would in turn also help defaulting farmers get loans.
‘Mughalsarai Station’to be named after Pandit Dunn Dayal Upadhyay.
- The State cabinet of Uttar Pradesh decided on Tuesday to rename Mughalsarai railway station near Varanasi after RSS ideologue Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- The meeting of state cabinet was held under the chairmanship of chief minister Adityanath Yogi that gave its approval for the renaming of the station.
The Union Government is going to replace UGC,AICTE with one higher education regulator HEERA.
- The Union government is all set to scrap the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and replace them with one higher education regulator, tentatively christened Higher Education Empowerment Regulation Agency (HEERA).
- It will be called HEERA or Higher Education Empowerment Regulation Agency. HEERA will replace both UGC and AICTE soon. In early March the Prime Minister had chaired a meeting on education following which the decision was taken. Several experts had advocated a similar idea, but the same was never implemented.