DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR UPCOMING EXAMS
This Current Affairs update is comprised of all important headings for our upcoming exams.In this update we will provide it in a short heading with concise elaboration for each and every topic,like National News,Financial News, Appointments, Sports News, Obituaries etc.If any important static takeaways are there we will provide with each headings.
First Rural LED street lighting project to take off in Andhra Pradesh
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the Ministry of Power, is going to retrofit 10 lakh conventional street lights with LED lamp in village panchayats in Andhra Pradesh which is the first project for rural LED street lighting in the country under the Government of India’s Street Lighting National Project (SLNP).
- According to an official release, the project will yield energy savings of approximately 147 million units of electricity annually and lead to a reduction of 12 crore tonnes of CO2.
- EESL Managing Director Saurabh Kumar acknowledged the fact that AP State has welcomed it (EESL)’s initiatives with open arms and has truly spearheaded the energy efficiency movement in India.
First bi-cycle sharing project started in Mysuru, Karnataka.
- Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Sunday launched India’s first public bicycle sharing (PBS) initiative "Trin Trin" in Mysuru, a cultural and heritage city with a population of 12 lakh people, was the first city in India to have a public bicycle sharing system.
- A short video detailing various aspects of Trin Trin and a mobile app were also released on the occasion.
NSDC and Bird Academy sign an MoU to enhance training in Aviation and Aerospace Sector.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bird Academy to embark on various skill development programs in the Aviation and Aerospace Sector. The MoU was signed on 1st June 2017 to collaborate and impart training to 35000 candidates. It is also proposed to set up Model Centers and Centers of Excellence (CoE) in various states across India to create market ready workforce in this sector.
India overtakes China to top Global retail Index (GRDI) among 30 developing countries.
- India has surpassed China to secure the top position among 30 developing countries on ease of doing business, according to a study that cited India's rapidly expanding economy, relaxation of FDI rules and a consumption boom as the key drivers.
- The 2017 Global Retail Development Index (GRDI), now in its 16th edition, ranks the top 30 developing countries for retail investment worldwide and analyses 25 macroeconomic and retail-specific variable.
Nepal parliament elects new prime minister Sher Bahadur Deuba
- Nepal's parliament on Tuesday elected an unopposed three-time former prime minister to the top post once again, the tenth time in just over a decade the leadership has changed hands in the Himalayan nation.
Nepal signed mega hydro power project deal with China
- Nepal has signed a major deal with a Chinese company to develop a 1,200 MW hydroelectric project, the biggest hydro project in the landlocked country that could resolve its perennial power crisis.
- Nepal’s Ministry of Energy on Sunday signed an MoU with China Gezhouba Group Corporation (CGGC) for the development of the much-touted 1,200 MW Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project.
Ministry of Utmost Happiness: Arundhati Roy's much-awaited second coming is released .
- 'The Ministry of Utmost Happiness', the much awaited second work of fiction by Booker Prize winning Indian writer Arundhati Roy, made its State-level début here on Tuesday.
India, Sri Lanka sign agreement for US$ 318 million line of credit to develop railway sector.
- Sri Lanka and India today signed an agreement to provide Indian assistance of US$ 318 million credit line for the development of Sri Lanka's railway sector.
- Secretary, Ministry of Finance and Mass media Dr. R H S. Samaratunga on behalf of Sri Lanka and Managing Director of the Export- Import Bank of India Mr. David Rasquinha signed the loan agreement today, at the Ministry of Finance and Mass Media in Colombo.
Montenegaro becomes 29th NATO member,a new member in NATO in the last decade.
- RBI keeps key interest rates unchanged but softens its hawkish stance owing to fall in retail inflation to a record low and lower-than-expected economic growth.
Govt abandons goal of training 500 million people in new skills by 2022
- The government has abandoned its goal of training 500 million people in new skills by 2022, in a clear shift in strategy.
- Skill development ministry officials, at a press conference in New Delhi on Tuesday, also refused to spell out a new number that the Union government and its 22 departments and ministries will chase.