CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE FOR UPCOMING EXAMS
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has set up a committee on corporate governance under the chairmanship of Uday Kotak. Besides Mr. Kotak the panel comprises of 20 members including representative of Corporate India, Stock Exchanges,Professional Bodies,Investor Groups, chambers of commerce. law firms, academicians and research professionals.
- India has successfully test fired its first Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air missile (QR-SAM) from a mobile launcher at Integrated Test range at Chandipur in Odisha.
- The GST Council has cleared all the pending rules including the transitions provisions and returns ,with all the states agreeing to July 01st 2017 roll out of the tax.
- India has slipped to 45th spot in annual rankings of International Institute for management Development's(IMD) World Competitiveness Center.
- Anil Ambani, The Chairman of Reliance Communications(RCom) has announced the merger of RCom and Aircel will be called Aircom. These merged entities are Reliance Communications and Maxis Communications Berhad(MCB).
- TATA Projects has announced a new initiative Green Thumb to increase the green cover.TATA Projects over 42,000 saplings over 100 locations during 2016-17.
- 'Mumbai Metro One Private Limited' has partnered with Google to display its services in Google maps Application, this includes the authentic timetable information and associated geographic information of the Metro One Station in the app.
- The 640 tonnes geosynchronous Satelite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mark III blasted off from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- World Environment Day is celebrated across the world on 5th June 2017.The theme of the 'World Environment day 2017' is 'Connecting people to Nature'.This year's host country is Canada.
- Seven countries led by Saudi Arabia and Bahrain sever ties with Qatar on allegation of terrorism.
- Real Madrid has become first team in the history of UEFA Champions League to win back to back UEFA Champions League Title in two consecutive seasons.
- B Sai Praneeth has clinched the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton Title by defeating Jonathan Christie of Indonesia in a closely fought final in Bangkok.
- Ganeshan Neelakanta Iyer has become the first Indian to be inducted in International table tennis Federation (ITTF)as a member of the Umpires and Referees Committee( URC).