CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE FOR UPCOMING EXAMS
- Odisha has become the first state in India to develop an automatic public address that will be activated along the entire coast.The State Government is all going to commission the 'Ambitious Early Warning Dissemination System' that would enable loud sirens go off simultaneously from 122 locations from July,2017.
- Varanasi will get the country's first 'freight Village' spread over around 100 Acres.This proposed project has attracted investments of major players like Dubai Port World and IL&FS.
- Bharti Airtel has got approval from SEBI(Securities and Exchange board of India), BSE and The National Stock Exchange of India for its proposed merger with Telenor India.The Communication major Airtel has entered into an agreement with Telenor South Asian investments in February 2017 to buy its operations in Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra, Gujarat, UP and Assam.
- The State Bank of India and the World bank has availed of a loan amount of $625 Million from the World Bank for lending 'Viable Grid Connected Rooftop Solar PV(GRPV)' undertaken by developers, aggregators and end users for installation of Rooftop solar systems.
- Indian origin Leo Varadkar is going to become next Prime Minister of Ireland after winning the leadership of incumbent Fine Gael Party.He will replace Enda kenny as the leader of the centre-right party within weeks.
- Alexander Vucic has been sworn in as Serbia's new President.Mr. Vucic formally stepped down from his prime ministership and took over the new role after securing his win in April's election.
- The Reserve bank of india has initiated Prompt Correction Action(PCA) for Dena bank in view of high net performing asstes and negative returns.'Prompt Corrective Action' actually improves internal control of banks and improvement in its activities.
- India's one of the leading PSB bank of India has conducted 'Star Mahotsav' across its branch network.