DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE:17 JUNE 2017
This Current Affairs Update consist of all important headings that are important for our upcoming exams.In this update we will provide it in a short heading with concise elaboration for each and every topic, like National News,Financial News, Appointments, Sports News, Obituaries etc and also trivial datas like any percentage data that are important will be specifically underlined If any important static takeaways are there we will provide with each headings.In addition to this we regularly provide Weekly Current Affairs "Antibiotics" and Monthly Current Affairs Capsule "In Shorts".
India moves up six places to rank 60 in Global Innovation Index.
- India’s position in the 2017 Global Innovation Index has moved up six ranks from last year to 60. The country has also proven itself to be the rising innovation centre of Asia by taking the top spot in central and southern Asia.
- The Global Innovation Index (GII), co-authored by Cornell University, French business school Insead and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), surveys 127 economies, indexing their innovative activity by using metrics like patent filings, education spend and market sophistication.
- For the seventh consecutive year, India has outperformed on innovation relative to its GDP. The GII recognised India for defying the standard model of the most economically developed countries dominating the rankings. “India has shown improvement in most areas, including in infrastructure, business sophistication, knowledge and technology and creative outputs,” says the GII press release.
AIIB grants USD 150 mn loan for India Infrastructure Fund.
- China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has approved USD 150 million equity investment loan to the India Infrastructure Fund, the banks first such loan to fund private projects, a statement said today.
- The Board of Directors of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) who met in Jeju in South Korea has approved USD 150 million equity investment to the India Infrastructure Fund, said a statement from the bank.
- The bank, in which India is a lead partner, has approved two loans and one equity investment totalling USD 324 million to support infrastructure projects in India, Georgia and Tajikistan.
- The Infrastructure Fund aims to invest in mid-cap infrastructure companies in India, and to expand the banks equity and loan deal sourcing pipelines in the private sector through its equity participation in this fund, the statement said.
TerraPay, Yes Bank collaborate to enable 24×7 international money transfer.
- TerraPay, mobile payments switch has announced its collaboration with Yes Bank to enable real-time international money transfers to bank accounts in India. Powered by TerraPay’s global clearing and settlement service, the partnership will make it faster and convenient for consumers to send money to any bank account.
Central Bank of India slips after RBI restrictions.
- The share price of Central Bank of India slipped more than 2% during the early trade after the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) placed a restriction on banking activities. RBI put the lender under prompt corrective action such as from lending, hiring and expanding branches.
- The stock price of Central Bank of India was trading 1.72% down at Rs 99.90 around 1057 hours. Shares of the bank opened at Rs 101.90 and touched a day’s high and low of Rs 101.90 and Rs 97.60, respectively so far.
China successfully launches x-ray satellite.
- China’s first astronomical satellite, an x-ray telescope that will search the sky for black holes, neutron stars, and other extremely energetic phenomena, raced into orbit today after a morning launch from the Gobi Desert.
TCS senior leader Ramanathan Ramanan to head Niti Aayog's Atal Innovation Mission.
- The government has appointed Ramanathan Ramanan, a senior executive of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), to head Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) functioning under NITI Aayog.
- The Atal Innovation Mission is the Centre's endeavour to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Man Booker International Prize: David Grossman wins for stand-up comic novel.
- David Grossman has become the first Israeli author to win the Man Booker International Prize.
- He split the £50,000 cash award for his winning book, A Horse Walks Into a Bar, with translator Jessica Cohen.
- Chosen from 126 titles, it tells of a stand-up comedian living in a small Israeli town who falls apart on stage in front of an audience.
Aadhaar made mandatory for new bank accounts,transactions above ₹50,000.
- Stepping up its fight against tax evasion, the Centre has made it mandatory to quote the Aadhaar number for opening bank accounts and for transactions exceeding ₹50,000.