DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This Current Affairs update is consist of all important headings that are important for our upcoming exams.In this update we will provide it in a short heading with concise elaboration for each and every topic, like National News,Financial News, Appointments, Sports News, Obituaries etc and also trivial datas like any percentage data that are important will be specifically underlined If any important static takeaways are there we will provide with each headings.
Padmalaya Nanda, a 12 year gal from Odisha has won the “Little Miss Universe Internet 2017”.
- Padmalaya Nanda from Odisha, India was bestowed with three titles at Little Miss Universe 2017 pageant held at the port city of Batumi in Georgia. She is the first Indian girl to win the honour in the spectacular finale.
- The little diva also became the youngest girl to win the titles of 'Little Miss Universe Grand Prix', 'Little Miss Universe Internet 2017' and 'Little Miss Actress'. Meanwhile, Miss Dayna Alimbayeva of Kazakhstan stole the Little Miss Universe 2017 crown.
- Padmalaya Nanda stood first in the talent round and Royal Anthro Party she exhibited Indian culture by performing Sambalpuri Dance of Odisha. She will now be participating in Little Miss World 2017 that will take place in September in Greece.
RBI issues new Rs 500 notes with inset letter A, old notes to remain valid.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced on Tuesday that it has issued Rs 500 denomination notes with inset letter ‘A’. However, the old notes, which were introduced after Prime Narendra Modi’s demonetisation drive in November 2016 will continue to remain the legal tender.
- The Central Bank, in a statement, said that this was in continuation of the issue of Rs 500 denomination banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi (new) series, which were notified on November 8, 2016. From time to time, the bank introduces new series of legal tender.
China has launched World’s largest floating solar panel.
- People Republic of China has unveiled of the world's largest floating solar farm in China's central Anhui province. The impressive array, which consists of 160,000 panels, is buoyant upon a lake that emerged after the collapse of a coal mine. It's an appropriate symbol for China's changing energy policies; the nation is projected to get 20 percent of its power consumption from low-emission energy, including nuclear, by 2030.
- The Forbes list of world’s highest paid celebs is out and has Sean Combs right at the top. On the list we can also spot our Bollywood big stars with Shah Rukh Khan leading the charge at the 65th position with $38 million in earnings this year. On his heels is Salman Khan at the 71st spot with $37 million earned in 2016-2017. Akshay Kumar is at 80th position with $35.5 million. Unlike last year, Amitabh Bachchan has not made to the list.
Market Regulator SEBI permits options trading in commodity futures.
- SEBI(Securities and Exchange Board of India) on Tuesday allowed options trading in commodities to deepen the market but will permit each exchange to launch options on futures of only one commodity initially and asked bourses to follow robust risk management measures.
- Putting in place strict eligibility criteria, SEBI said options could be launched on futures contract of only those commodities that are among the top five in terms of total trading turnover value of previous 12 months. Besides, the average daily turnover of underlying futures contracts of such a commodity in past one year should be at least Rs200 crore for agricultural and agri-processed commodities, and Rs1,000 crore for other commodities.
AUSINDEX-17: India, Australia to Participate in Joint Maritime Exercise.
- Three Indian warships arrived in the port city of Freemantle in Western Australia on June 13 to participate in a week-long naval exercise off the Western Australian coast.
- The so-called Exercise Australia-India (AUS-INDEX) is the first-ever bilateral military exercise in Australian waters involving the Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy and aims to develop a deeper understanding and cooperation between the two navies.
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has launched ‘Mission Metro-Fitment’.
- The Railways on Tuesday announced it will upgrade 40,000 coaches under its ‘Mission Retro-fitment’ in the next five years to enhance the passengers' travel experience, with better amenities and safety.
Virat Kohli reclaim the No.1 spot in ICC ODI ranking.
- In a major shakeup in the top of the rankings after the group stages of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017, Indian captain Virat Kohli displaced South Africa’s AB de Villiers as the No.1 ranked ODI batsman in the world while Australian fast bowler Josh Hazlewood took over from Proteas pacer Kagiso Rabada as the No.1 ranked bowler.
- Two unbeaten fifty-plus scores helped Virat Kohli move from No.3 to No.1 in the latest ICC ODI rankings. There was also some good news for Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan, who was up five places to No.10 in the latest update courtesy of his incredible run in the tournament, in which he is the leading run-getter.
Panama forges diplomatic ties with China, breaks link with Taiwan.
- Panama’s president Juan Carlos Varela said the country has established formal diplomatic relations with China, breaking longstanding ties with the Republic of China, known as Taiwan.
- The decision broadcast on television in Panama leaves Taiwan with 20 diplomatic allies, 11 of which are in Latin America and the Caribbean. The island also has ties with the Holy See.
- Panama had held ties with Taiwan, or the Republic of China, for more than a century, according to Taiwan’s Central News Agency. Its annual gross domestic product was among the highest of Taiwan’s allies, according to World Bank Data for 2015.
Uttar Pradesh ranks First in Number of Child Labourers in the recently released CRY Report.
- Over 8 lakh children in India between the age group 5 and 6 years are engaged in child labour. A large percentage, over 5 lakh of these children do not attend school. Majority of these kids are engaged in family based employments, states a CRY report.
- According to the report released on Saturday, Uttar Pradesh has the highest number of 2,50,672 children engaged in labour, followed by Bihar with 1,28,087 children and Maharashtra where the number stands at 82,847.